Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trade in Jeep

Old 02-28-2014, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally would try both. Take it to the dealer with the mods and see what kind of dealer they are. When I bought my jeep I went to a big name dealer in the area to trade my 04 Cummins in, they really lowballed me at 15k because it had a leveling kit and 35's. Took it to a smaller dealer that had the jeep that I really wanted and they offered me 17.5 because it had the leveling kit and 35's. I still wasn't really happy and wound up selling it on craigslist for 22k. But you don't always get that lucky when some kid's dad is willing to give him $22,000 for a truck. You might not be interested in dealing with people on craigslist so dealership might be the way for you but I would check with the mods, you might be surprised. Good luck
Old 02-28-2014, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the advice.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I traded my 03 Rubicon in on a 2007 Corvette Vert. Hurrricane Sandy drowned my Vette and F150. I went out and bought another Jeep and F150.
What does that tell you?
You're gonna miss the Jeep.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I have both....Me an 07 Rubicon and her a 2014 Sti....The Sti was fun for the first few weeks but now it's back to business and we end up taking the jeep everywhere....They both get about the same gas mileage. (Horrible) lol
Old 03-08-2014, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About two Jeep trades ago I had a dealer trying to give me a low ball offer on my trade in Jeep. I asked him why he was giving me such a low offer, and he showed me his dealers copy of Kelly Blue Book. I read the part he was showing me, and it said for any Jeep that had "suspension modifications" the price dropped $2000 immediately. I ended up not making the trade at that dealership because the dealership across the street gave me a $4000 dollar better trade in price. I just bring that up because in general you should not expect to see an increase in trade in price because the vehicle is modified. Rather, you should expect to see a lower price at trade in because of modifications.

Quick Reply: Trade in Jeep