Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trade in Jeep

Old 02-26-2014, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go back to stock and want to sell your pintlers let me know.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:02 PM
JK Newbie

I sold traded my wrangler in and BOY was I pissed when they didnt even care about the mods I had!! So, I told them I'll be back... went home and took all that stuff off and bought it back the next day. I tell ya, take that stuff off and if money is not a concern hold on to it... YOU WILL BE BACK! LOL then you can put it on the JK that you purchase after you realize you miss them and this forum....
Old 02-27-2014, 10:15 PM
JK Newbie

hit me up if you decide to sell the wheels and tires...lol
Old 02-28-2014, 03:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NCRUBI2012
Thinking about trading jeep. For anyone that has done this what is the best course of action - return to stock as much as possible or leave as is? Not trying to recover mod costs because I know that is not reality....but want to get most $$$ out of it possible. Anything below I should pull and try to replace with stock. Most worried about the flares since they change the look so much. 2.5 TF lift Nitto TP with AEV Pintlers Front and rear bumper TF tire carrier Bushwacker flat flares 2012 Rubi Dual cat back exhaust.
Any of this stuff for sale?I'm in Charlotte . Let me know.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 02-28-2014, 03:14 AM
-

Default What He Said

Originally Posted by AlexjeepVb
It seems that the dealer is not going to give you anything for your mods. When I traded my 2010 in they def didn't factor in the lifts tires ect, but I kind of expected that.
All that time and effort into upgrading only to have nothing to show for it after the fact.. I would stock it and save the parts for the next Jeep.. assuming they can continue to be used on your next jeep. Thou like the other fellows are saying.. is there an issue with wanting to trade?.. In this case, I would sell this out right (private sale of see what carmax can offer you and other dealerships are start this option of buying right on the spot) again assuming that the jeep is/has been paid off..
Old 02-28-2014, 07:00 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Put it back to stock, but you will miss the jeep. I traded a TT roadster for my jeep and have never regretted it. Going fast wears off fast and with being associated all the dumb ass kids out there with the rice runners gets old quick.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sell it private as is... Or strip and return to stock and sell parts..... AND STOP TRYING TO FILL THAT VOID IN YOUR LIFE WITH NEW VEHICLES... Food for thought.. can I get an AMEN
Old 02-28-2014, 07:11 AM
-

Default Hey Dirt..

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I traded a TT roadster..
Been There.. Done That.. But mine was 2003 50th anniversary Chevrolet Corvette Z06.. Yep was fun for year.. taking it to car shows.. winning a few trophies until the hurricane of 2004 took it away from me.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Sell it private as is... Or strip and return to stock and sell parts..... AND STOP TRYING TO FILL THAT VOID IN YOUR LIFE WITH NEW VEHICLES... Food for thought.. can I get an AMEN
I don't know the OP's situation, but this is great advice. That void isn't necessarily a God-shaped hole, either, as many people might tell you Maybe it is. Sometimes it's as simple as fixing something about life outside of vehicles -- maybe you hate your job, or maybe things with a gf/wife/kids are always on the rocks, maybe you hate where you live, or maybe you're trying to keep up with the Jones because you have friends who always have new cars and the Jeep just isn't exciting enough.

Then again, maybe you're just bored. If it's any of the above, it's an expensive way to buy temporary distraction or happiness.

Who knows. Didn't mean to go all Freud on you, spend your money how you want. Like others have said, though, lots of time/effort/money went in your Jeep and now it's just gonna get dumped at a huge loss? That's kinda sad.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:41 AM
JK Junkie

I don't think I would ever trade my modded jeep. Every vehicle I ever sold that was modified, I sold with being patient and waiting for that buyer who knows what they are getting. I never expected to get what I put into it, but I always got more than the blue book. It all comes down to that one buyer who knows what they could be spending to get that modified vehicle vs. the guy who just wants the look and isn't willing to pay. For an example, I have about $52k in my rig as it sits. It's also that "desired" Sahara tan color which is no longer available. Blue book is about $34k. I've been offered $50k from a guy who has stupid money. That isn't the norm. I did have another guy who wanted to buy it and offered $40k. The $40k guy, I think was nuts, but I wouldn't expect more than that. Honestly, I would go blue book + half of my mod goodies. That would be about $37k. In fact, now that I think about it, I think that is the "magical formula" I have done every time. I would let the buyer know it too. And every time, I got just about what I was asking for it. I had a Buell lightning I sold, all piped out and modified. Motor and suspension For the track but street legal. Bought the bike for $10k, added a little more than $4k to it. Rode it for 2 years (13k miles). Blue book was $7k (roughly). I got $9500, cash. Has worked for me. But be patient. Best of luck!

Quick Reply: Trade in Jeep