Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Traction Control Locking Up

Old 03-03-2020, 09:13 AM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles Donnell
This is really interesting! I will definitely check my pads out tonight, but do you think it could be the pads when I am only hearing the slight grinding while decelerating in gear? It seems to only happen when the car is naturally engine breaking itself and comes straight from under the shift hood.
That doesn't sound like brake pads, but checking them is cheap insurance. Edit: Check the joints on the rear drive shaft, those might make noise on deceleration that sounds like it's under the shifter.

Last edited by Mr.T; 03-03-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:37 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,686 Posts

As soon as Karl mentioned the grinding being brakes earlier, it all hit home. I've had that happen before where the ABS completely locked me up, and that is exactly how I'd describe that noise, as brakes grinding. I'd bet money that was it once I recalled that incident I had.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karls10jk
The symptoms point to the steering wheel not being quite centered or you've got a wheel speed sensor that is indicating a problem- whether it be the sensor or the front hub is another thing.
+1

Quick Reply: Traction Control Locking Up