Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Traction Control Light On for no reason....any ideas?

Old 01-30-2016, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control Light On for no reason....any ideas?

I have a 2013 JKUR with AEV 2.5 lift and 285/70R17 BFG A/Ts. I have used the AEV procal to change the tire size. Occasionally I get the traction control light while driving down the interstate. No reason it should be coming on and of course it kills the cruise control when it comes on. It does not go off unless I stop turn off the ignition and restart, drive a mile or so then it goes off. I brought it to the dealer and of course they could not find any codes on it because they light went off before they checked it. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?
Old 01-30-2016, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe a damaged wheel speed sensor wire off a front hub. They are easily damaged but normally replaced when you replace a front bearing.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I recommend reading this thread: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...nction-326172/

If not your wheel speed sensor, then perhaps a steering issue? I know you didn't mention your ESP / BAS lights were on, but still in the same ball park and may shed some light on your problem.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I checked the wires to the speed sensors they look fine. Also, it's only the traction control light, no other lights. I'll see if I can have the speed sensors themselves checked.

Quick Reply: Traction Control Light On for no reason....any ideas?