Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Traction control kicking on when turning right?

Old 09-19-2014, 07:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok at a loss again. Going around a sharpish highway off ramp quickly causes the traction control to kick on.
However I can whip the Jeep around a corner on surface roads and it doesn't happen.

Any ideas guys?

4" Evo w/DL flip and 35's

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Old 09-19-2014, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you reprogram for tire size? I've read that can cause it on high speed off ramps if you didn't.

Last edited by 14Sport; 09-19-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:17 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I agree with the reprogram.. but how old are the tires, how many miles, or many miles left on them..
Old 09-19-2014, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
Yeah I agree with the reprogram.. but how old are the tires, how many miles, or many miles left on them..
Thanks for the reply guys.

Tires are about half worn and about a year and a half old.

Just started happening about two weeks ago. Did the PP drag link flip and track bar mount , rotated tires and centered steering perfectly.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Might be a tire speed sensor error..
Old 09-19-2014, 09:07 AM
-

Again my question are geared more towards the tread life.. cause with the Mud terrains.. there was about 30K on all but two tires.. and when it rained.. we hated it.. and swapped them with another jeeper. Trac control kept going off like crazy.. no matter what direction etc we drove. If you feel or your tires are more slick than not.. I would really start to keep an eye on them.. But have you tried to rotate your spare or a tire with more treads on it to the troubled area just to see if that makes a difference..
Old 09-19-2014, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had similar issues after my DL flip and synergy drag link was installed. Ended up being an issue with the torquing on the DL nut. Check the torque an make sure there isn't any play in the insert.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
Again my question are geared more towards the tread life.. cause with the Mud terrains.. there was about 30K on all but two tires.. and when it rained.. we hated it.. and swapped them with another jeeper. Trac control kept going off like crazy.. no matter what direction etc we drove. If you feel or your tires are more slick than not.. I would really start to keep an eye on them.. But have you tried to rotate your spare or a tire with more treads on it to the troubled area just to see if that makes a difference..
There's still alot of tread left...definitely not slick at all.

This just started out of nowhere right after the DL flip.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
There's still alot of tread left...definitely not slick at all. This just started out of nowhere right after the DL flip. Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Yep, check the torque on the drag link nut.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:27 AM
-

Well again.. it was a Mud terrain issue with us.. MtraXX might be onto something.. say.. when was the last time you had service done on the diffs?.. did you know that mopar requires an additive.. unsure what.. but Valovline ran through a checklist on this.. if whomever did the diff fluid.. could have used inferior fluids.. or simply did add the additive.. just throwing things out there.. but heh.. sometimes all it needs is a good swift kick.. Just disco the battery clean the terms for a rest, then check..

Quick Reply: Traction control kicking on when turning right?