Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Traction Control Issue

Old 12-06-2008, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is this post?

Originally Posted by rvator
My 07 Unlimited does the same thing. I added a 2.5 BB and 33's then I started to notice it kicking in on clover leaf ramps at speed and real crooked mountain roads. There is a post in the write-up section about cutting the wire for the esp system and putting a toggle switch in series with the purple/skyblue tracer wire. Thats what I did. Now if I notice the esp turning on too much I just turn it off. It stays off until you cycle the key switch. It works for now but I do need to add an adjustable rear track bar.
I have been trying to find this post for a while, I am going to do it to mine too.

However, I also found that my sway bar discos had some play in it and my rear track bar relocation bracket was pivoting when the Jeep was turning corners. When I fixed those, it doesn't happen as often. In fact, the only time I plan to use the switch if I can find the post is when I'm wheelin.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Is there a good fix to this problem yet? My wheel is straight and the ESP still kicks on when taking a sharp turn. It's kinda dangerous when the jeep gets a mind of its own. And starts breaking when you are trying to get on the interstate coming off the on ramp. Were is the sensor??? Is it a just a yaw sensor somewhere were I can unplug it for good.Like I did on my 350Z. In the Z it was dead center of the shifting console.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

It is a combo of both... you need to re center the wheel and re program for the larger tires. you will need to have a shop do this for you, or better yet buy an AEV procal. you will never find a fix without doing this.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/products/procal_module/

hope this helps

Last edited by Robar; 12-29-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST CLICKABLE NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 12-29-2009, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

The computer needs to be flashed to disable the esp. Take it to a dealer they should know how to flash it.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

I have superchips and have already done the speedo. But still having problems with the tmps disable feature. My dummy tire light is stuck on too. My steering wheel is straight though. Maybe having the tire light on is messing with the TC.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

I disagree with that statement...I'm a dealer and have driven pretty much every vehicle that C,J,&D offer with ESP since it's introduction in 2005 to our company and I must say it works great, going through turns too quick in bad weather, slows the vehicle down automatically and keeps you on your inteneded path...I didn't just read this from a book, I've tried swirving before to see what happens and it does help...

Kevin

Originally Posted by sw0cb
Or just turn off esp...its really not that useful of a system honestly

Quick Reply: Traction Control Issue