Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Traction Control Coming On

Old 04-25-2016, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get that on certain on\off ramps and I'm only on 35's. It seem with the bumps and the way the curve throws me in the turn I get it on the same 2 ramps every time unless I slow down enough so it doesn't do it.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Since the tone rings are on the actual wheel hub, you do need to program actual tire size and gear ratio. If you don't, any time you have a minor speed difference (such as cornering or going over a bump) it will put the system into the stability control and ABS mode to try and compensate. I've never had an issue with mine as I programmed it before even driving with the bigger tires.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Smudgeontheglass
Since the tone rings are on the actual wheel hub, you do need to program actual tire size and gear ratio. If you don't, any time you have a minor speed difference (such as cornering or going over a bump) it will put the system into the stability control and ABS mode to try and compensate. I've never had an issue with mine as I programmed it before even driving with the bigger tires.
Thanks man, but I did this too. Good thought though.

Quick Reply: Traction Control Coming On