Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

traction control after lift

Old 03-16-2011, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay traction control only kicks in during right turns....and do you guys think if the axle is shifted it would cause this problem
Old 03-16-2011, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it says right in the manual that ESP/traction control may not function properly with larger tires and lifts then explains how to disable it....

Last edited by rexicon; 03-16-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBallin
okay traction control only kicks in during right turns....and do you guys think if the axle is shifted it would cause this problem
If you don't want to play around with until you find 'computer straight', just do the steering wheel dance and shut the system off.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
If you don't want to play around with until you find 'computer straight', just do the steering wheel dance and shut the system off.
seems like i cant get it to work and dealer wants 100$ to "update" my computer
Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 PM
JK Newbie

got my alignment and i've been good for the most part. it did come on twice but i was almost in a fast and furious drift. Thanks for the info though.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed a RC 3.5" lift, stabilizer and spacers yesterday and I've been lucky so far. No lights and wheels are straight. Might need to adjust toe a little....
Ordering 35's this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-502046117.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	139449   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1451607100.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	139450  
Old 03-23-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 07 JK "bullfrog"

Ok man I have the answer!!!! It's called the ESP killswitch. There is a purple with LIGHT blue strip in a bundle of wires next to your gas pedal. Snip that wire and put a switch on it. I did this exact step last week and it's amazing!!!! I had the same things happening to me. Send me a private message and I'll send you a copy of the instructions. If I post it, it will be deleted for jk forum liability reasons. : thumbsup. The ESP activates pre- maturely due to the jeep computer still thinking it's stock( calculates speed, wheel turn degree and tire slippage. All those add together to make it activate).
I'm having this exact problem... Please inbox me on exactly how to fix this.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:21 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 JK "bullfrog"
Ok man I have the answer!!!! It's called the ESP killswitch. There is a purple with LIGHT blue strip in a bundle of wires next to your gas pedal. Snip that wire and put a switch on it. I did this exact step last week and it's amazing!!!! I had the same things happening to me. Send me a private message and I'll send you a copy of the instructions. If I post it, it will be deleted for jk forum liability reasons. : thumbsup. The ESP activates pre- maturely due to the jeep computer still thinking it's stock( calculates speed, wheel turn degree and tire slippage. All those add together to make it activate).
Originally Posted by dhdale0422
I'm having this exact problem... Please inbox me on exactly how to fix this.

A quick search would do the trick. This one has steps and pics.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...witch-Write-up
Old 03-24-2011, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

I'm going to piggy back on this thread. I have a teraflex leveling kit and 33's mine is going off at random times. After putting on the leveling kit I centered the steering wheel so the light is off and the jeep drives straight. Today it went off when I was going in a straight line and slowly accelerating after waiting for a car to turn. Every time I would step on the gas it would kick in and drag me to the right. My wife says it has happened to her going in a straight line but at higher speeds, like 40-50. Any ideas? I have a superchips sitting here but they haven't released a tune yet for the 2011's, I don't know if I can still use it to check to see if the steering wheel is straight or not.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called Currie and talked to them for 15 minutes about this and they said it depends on the JK. He said some are more picky than others. That's just the joy of lifting the JK. I had the TF 2.5 coil lift and it was fine then I put the Rock Jock kit with the full 8 arms and it started to act up. They told me to drive in circles both left and right then that should help.

Quick Reply: traction control after lift