Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Traction Control

Old 10-06-2014, 12:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control

Have a 2012 Rubicon with MC 2.5" ARB Lift, synergy 1.75" spacers. Here recently my traction control keeps going crazy. I put the lift on the vehicle back in FEB and had an alignment done, no issues even wheeling almost every weekend till August. I was off roading and traction control would kick on every time I drive, I took it for another alignment which fixed the issue. Went OFFROAD yesterday and now its coming back on. Is there something else I am missing or do I just keep throwing my alignment off everytime I go out now?
Old 10-06-2014, 01:26 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

What was done during the alignment?

Is it possible that your steering wheel was slightly off-center after the wheeling trips, and the alignment shop simply spent 2 minutes loosening two bolts and straightening it?
Old 10-06-2014, 02:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K9wells
Have a 2012 Rubicon with MC 2.5" ARB Lift, synergy 1.75" spacers. Here recently my traction control keeps going crazy. I put the lift on the vehicle back in FEB and had an alignment done, no issues even wheeling almost every weekend till August. I was off roading and traction control would kick on every time I drive, I took it for another alignment which fixed the issue. Went OFFROAD yesterday and now its coming back on. Is there something else I am missing or do I just keep throwing my alignment off everytime I go out now?
pic of the dash? I bet your steering wheel is off center because it will kick on a traction control looking light.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:27 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Check that steering wheel alignment and adjust yourself. Don't pay someone to do that. If the steering wheel keeps getting screwed up, it's probably time to replace your drag link and/or tie rod with something a bit stronger. I recommend Synergy. If it's ***perfectly*** straight when driving straight ahead, visually inspect your ABS/wheel speed sensor wiring. You may have a damaged wire. Occasionally they get crushed during extreme articulation. If so, it's okay to splice to repair. Reroute wires to prevent recurrence. Was there river fording or mud involved? I've seen contaminated unit bearing assemblies cause the lights.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 10-06-2014 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Last time i took it in for an alignemnt they adjusted the Tie Rod. I recentered the steering wheel myself the first time and it continued to go off. I am going to try it this time. I do water fording, mud, and alot of articulation. Just trying to figure out why it keeps getting knocked out that easy.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:39 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I had issues with my traction control going crazy when the wires and sensors would get wet. As mentioned, check your wires and pull your sensor out of the unit bearing. Make sure there is not junk on the sensor other than the factory grease.

I also had this happen when I had a tone ring slip off my rear axle and it just bounce around, but it was an aftermarket D60 and you could hear it.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

After going thru my front end I found there is play in my ball joints and my drag link is popping when the wheels are turned. Do yall think this could be messing with the traction control?

Quick Reply: Traction Control