Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trackbar for OME ???

Old 05-30-2008, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackbar for OME ???

Hi,

I´m going to install my OME Lift Kit next week and want to put new Trackbars (front and rear)
The problem is that I dont know which trackbar´s are good for a 2" Lift.

After the lift I´m going to run 285/70 R17 Tires.

Which one would you reommand mee for this kit? I also going to install a diff-cover in the futur.
The other thing, I need brakeline extension or longer brakelines.Any ideas?

Thx

Nick
Old 05-30-2008, 10:38 AM
JK Super Freak

I currently have the OME springs on my rig and I am using Currie's track bars and brake lines for both front and rear and they work perfect with no issues! The track bars even have zirk fittings on both ends of the bars. Their brake lines are actually rebranded Crown lines which are very good. Highly recommend them!

Front track bar link

Rear track bar link

Front brake line link

Rear brake line link

Last edited by Ctimrun; 05-30-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Super Freak

When I ordered my OME lift kit from Northridge 4x4 I got a bundle deal with Full Traction front and rear adjustable track bars for $999.95 and free shipping. They don't have zirk fittings though so you have to grease them up real good before you put them on so they won't squeak. I then went to a local offroad shop in town and got extended brake lines that came from a teraflex lift kit. I also bought 1.5" Spidertrax spacers so that my tires would rub less (305/70/17). I don't know if you'll have the rubbing problem with the size your getting but they add a nice stance when using the factory wheels.

There's my $0.02.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Full-tractions are nice.

JKS has some new ones that are nice

Currie's are nice also

David
Old 05-30-2008, 10:31 PM
JK Newbie

I´ve had also a look at the kit from Northridge. very intersting

I´dont know if notice it, but I live in Luxembourg (little country in europe) and I need a document named "TÜV" for the lift Kit, thats wy I cant purchase Liftkits in US. If I dont have this document I cant run on the street with the car

Back to the Trackbars,I m going to order them in the USA, thats sure

@ David

Do you also ship to europe ?
Old 05-31-2008, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I purchased the package w/ full traction track bars from northridge. I have ben extremely happy with it. You just have to make sure you grease the bushings well. I haven't had any issues with popping noises.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered the OME HD as well but it did not come with track bars.

Do I really need the track bars? is there anyone that has put this in without the track bars and if so, how does it drive? I will order them if it's something that will be needed, but I am on a tight budget. Im cheap.....but I like to do things right the first time and skip trial and error.

I am curious to hear from those that have the OME. I only have 1k miles on my Jeep and love the way it rides and drives. Should I worry that it's going to handle like my old TJ?

You all have been very helpful on this forum. Thank you!
Old 06-01-2008, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a friend order her OME Lift with Full Traction Trackbars from Northridge 4x4. Thats a GREAT package. I am thinking about having her order some longer brake lines too....

But its a very nice economical kit, rides VERY nice, great stance, etc...

Give Dave a call!

Quick Reply: Trackbar for OME ???