Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trackbar Bracket/Braces

Old 08-24-2012, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saltysnook
I just changed out alot of parts over the last month due to simply that were crap (skyjacker) or were just worn out (front and rear driveshafts, tie rod and drag link, new shocks, front and rear track bars and the rear track bar brace).

When I removed the old bracket (like the ones they include in cheap lifts), I noticed that the factory brace was badly bent. I bent it back as best as I could and added the JKS bar and brace which secures to axle on two points for a better and tighter feel when driving. In addition, i noticed a HUGE difference when making turns and hard braking!

I would recommend this combo to anyone. Here's before and after pics...
Attachment 357719
Attachment 357720
Did you enforce anything on the front brackets?
Old 08-24-2012, 11:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd use brackets to reinforce the failure prone stock mounts. I use Tera Flex' rear HD brckt. Super strong axle mount, and raise your roll center.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03047.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	357744
Old 08-24-2012, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by marmot74
Did you enforce anything on the front brackets?
Everything was good up front. Yes the rear stock mount is weak, but the skyjacker bracket was what caused my problem.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

OP:

I have the same OME HD lift on my '08 2dr JK. I to have the JKS Adjustable front/rear trackbars. I did add on to the rear the JKS rear trackbar brace. I've included a couple pics showing it installed. I think it definately beefed it up.

My Jeep runs fine down the road at 75mph and is great on the trails so not sure I'm connected with the need to add other steering components outside of what you got with your OME kit.

Name:	JKS_Trackbar_Bracket_1_JK.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	357800

Name:	JKS_Trackbar_Bracket_3_JK.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	357801

Quick Reply: Trackbar Bracket/Braces