Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trackbar Bracket/Braces

Old 08-19-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackbar Bracket/Braces

Hey Guys,

I am going to be installing a OME LT Kit on my 2012 JKU Rubicon shortly which comes with JKS Adjustable Trackbars.

Do I need to relocate any of the trackbar brackets?

What about enforcing them? Recommendations?

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hummmmmm....

I put the OME HD on my 11 without any track bars and it is a nice ride. It isn't a 2" kit, more like 3".

Yes, I will replace DS's and anything else that fails, but nothing is close and it rides fantastic.

Besides cosmetic, is there a reason to put adjustable track bars on?
Old 08-20-2012, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

The OME LT Kit comes with both trackbars so definitely will be installing. Also comes with adjustable lower front control arms.

Pretty sure all of them just help correct the geometry back to the way its supposed to be.

No suggestions on trackbar braces from anyone? Good, bad?
Old 08-20-2012, 05:51 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by marmot74
Hey Guys,

I am going to be installing a OME LT Kit on my 2012 JKU Rubicon shortly which comes with JKS Adjustable Trackbars.

Do I need to relocate any of the trackbar brackets?

What about enforcing them? Recommendations?

Thanks!
need? no. you can recenter your axles just fine with the adjustable track bars. may want? sure, they will help to correct your geometry but if you do, up front, you will NEED to install a drag link flip as well or dropped pitman arm at the same time. failure to do so will result in poor handling.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
need? no. you can recenter your axles just fine with the adjustable track bars. may want? sure, they will help to correct your geometry but if you do, up front, you will NEED to install a drag link flip as well or dropped pitman arm at the same time. failure to do so will result in poor handling.
What about just braces like what JKS makes? Worth it? Do the trackbar brackets break as much as people say?

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure how much lift this set will give you, but I have the normal OME 3" set. I have a JKS adjustable trackbar front, together with the JKS SS/Trackbar relocation bracket which give some extra streght. No drag link flip.

Rear I have added the AEV trackbar tower (based on a tip I got from one off the EVO guys when I complained about the waggy tail when towing a camp trailer ) which corrects the geometry of the stock trackbar. Best mod I have ever done.

I assume the LT version is a bit more demanding, but I have learned on this forum: don't fix it if aint broken; try before you run to the next addition. The MO here on this forum to make each other unhappy about our rides, which of course can only be solved with buying more stuff
Old 08-20-2012, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

I think the OME LT Kit yields 3-4 inches with the HD coils. So yah I think I'll just install what it comes with and try it from there.

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

I installed the HD kit last week and netted me close to 4. Nice kit i replaced the front/rear track bars just because they came with the kit.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:46 PM
JK Super Freak

You will be fine with what you have!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by marmot74
What about just braces like what JKS makes? Worth it? Do the trackbar brackets break as much as people say?

Thanks!
I just changed out alot of parts over the last month due to simply that were crap (skyjacker) or were just worn out (front and rear driveshafts, tie rod and drag link, new shocks, front and rear track bars and the rear track bar brace).

When I removed the old bracket (like the ones they include in cheap lifts), I noticed that the factory brace was badly bent. I bent it back as best as I could and added the JKS bar and brace which secures to axle on two points for a better and tighter feel when driving. In addition, i noticed a HUGE difference when making turns and hard braking!

I would recommend this combo to anyone. Here's before and after pics...
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0183.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	357719
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0262.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	357720

Quick Reply: Trackbar Bracket/Braces