Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track bars joints: Spherical bearings or bushings?

Old 02-07-2010, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track bars joints: Spherical bearings or bushings?

Which is preffered? I currently have a teraflex in a box in my garage and I didn't really like the joints that came on them.

Heres the piece I have.

http://www.teraflexplus.com/shop/jk-...-trackbar.html

I couldn't tell really what the joints were but they didn't move well and the range of movement was terrible, 5-8 degrees maybe? I have a short arm and the arch is a little more radical with lots of flex so I was thinking of returning it for a rock krawler track bar. Krawlers has a bushing at the axle and a spherical bearing at the body. Tell me what you guys think and if I am over analyzing this...
Old 02-07-2010, 08:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The link shows it being a rear adjustable track bar. Is that what you are referring to or are you looking for a front track bar? If so I opted to get the TF HD monster track bar...

Old 02-07-2010, 09:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you decide to go with bushings make sure they are the OEM ones, some of the others have poor ride quality and durability.

For example the JKS adjustable track bar uses an OEM bushing on axle side and an a Johnny Joint on the frame side.

Quick Reply: Track bars joints: Spherical bearings or bushings?