Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track bar relocation brackets...i need some?

Old 08-08-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adamkaikens
Heres what i have now: springs, shocks, sway bar links, extended brake lines. What else do i NEED to purchase? Track bar brackets? Control arm brackets? Drag link...drop pitman arm? High steer kit? Im new to the whole suspension knowledge.
That's all I have on my 4.5" lift besides front and rear adjustable track bars. I don't run a high-steer kit, or a flip kit, or an aftermarket drop pitman, or any brackets...heck, my lift even uses the stock control arms. And even with such a basic "minimalist" lift, my ride is smooth and straight and I have no complaints about it. No flightiness or bump steer issues as far as handling. This is the one I got by Trailmaster....

Trailmaster (an American Made company) I am 100% sure would not sell these simple 4.5" kits if they truly handled like crap on the road or if they were unsafe to drive. They sell them because they work.

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 08-08-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i stopped by sonoran off road today, and he told me i needed 2 degree offset ball joints? What are ya'lls thoughts?
Old 08-10-2012, 09:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adamkaikens
So i stopped by sonoran off road today, and he told me i needed 2 degree offset ball joints? What are ya'lls thoughts?
All I know about offset ball joints is they are used to help correct this...

But I don't see how that has anything to do with the axles being off centered.

This is how it looked when my axles were off-center...

A JKS rear adjustable track bar for $150 from Northridge 4x4 fixed that for me. I already had an adjustable front that came with the lift. As you can see they were quite off-center.

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 08-10-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

So i guess im going with a ******* suspension adjustable front track bar with a bracket/ brace. A ******* suspension high steer drag link. A ******* suspension rear track bar bracket/brace, and to top it off, new tires. Man this better fix it or i might need a couch to sleep on.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

Ok im not sure why it blocked out the brand name...*******
Old 08-14-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

S y n e r g y

Quick Reply: Track bar relocation brackets...i need some?