Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track bar relocation brackets...i need some?

Old 08-06-2012, 08:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track bar relocation brackets...i need some?

Have a 4" lift, and I guess I need track bar relocation brackets to return my axles back to center. I have seen the brackets go from $149.00 to $36.99. I realize you get what you pay for, but does anybody have some suggestions for me?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Someone with more experience may correct me but your better of purchasing adjustable track bars instead of relocation brackets. The brackets put additional strain on the already weak factory brackets and can cause premature failure. Im not sure of all the science involved but kind of makes scence in my little mind that the force applied by the track bar being mounted 4" higher the bracket would act as a lever applying more force to the factory bracket below. My 2 cents anyway
Old 08-07-2012, 02:38 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you get a track bar bracket up front you also need a drag link flip/high steer set up. The track bar and drag link need to remain parallel. Out back I'd recommend a bracket. I have Rock Krawler welded on and it's very beefy. My buddy wheels with a Teraflex rear drop bracket and it does fine bolted on.

For the second poster: there are a few brackets that beef the factory bracket up but some require welding.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by adamkaikens
Have a 4" lift, and I guess I need track bar relocation brackets to return my axles back to center. I have seen the brackets go from $149.00 to $36.99. I realize you get what you pay for, but does anybody have some suggestions for me?

I have a 4.5" lift with the BDS relocation brackets front and rear with no issues but I am about to switch to adjustables only because I plan on adding another 1.5" of lift so will need the adjustables. If you are interested, my relocation brackets will be up for sale shortly and only have about 5k miles on them.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

So I guess at this point I'm trying to decide if it's more cost-effective to purchase the additional parts I will need, or purchase a whole new lift
Old 08-08-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Heres what i have now: springs, shocks, sway bar links, extended brake lines. What else do i NEED to purchase? Track bar brackets? Control arm brackets? Drag link...drop pitman arm? High steer kit? Im new to the whole suspension knowledge.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

yes it is already installed, it was on there when i purchased the jeep
Old 08-08-2012, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lank
Well, my personal opinion is that if it's on there and it's working, you don't necessarily *need* anything at all. If there's a specific issue with something or something you'd like to change, then you probably need parts to accomplish that.

If you're interested in centering the axles, you can use either track bar relocation brackets or adjustable track bars. I think I've explained the differences pretty well in one of my previous posts.

I think most people with the amount of lift on your Jeep have steering modifications. I've read that the steering can "wander" with that much lift if it is not corrected (I have no personal experience with this). A high steer kit, which includes a flipped drag link and a front track bar relocation bracket that puts the track bar parallel to the drag link, will improve the feel of the steering. The kit will also help bring your front axle back to center since it includes a track bar relocation bracket.

However, I don't necessarily recommend buying something just because other people bought it. If you're okay with the way your steering is now or you can deal with it, maybe you just don't need a high steer kit.
Thanks for the advice, i really appreciate it. Its a big help.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

IMO the rear can use a relocation bracket and the front needs an adjustable track bar...recently installed a OME 3.5" lift and used the previously mentioned items and they work great with a little tweaking to center the axles and it drives just like it did prior to the lift...tracks straight and has NO bumpsteer but an upgraded steering stabilizer will help if you have some slight bumpsteer but as stated before keeping everything parallel and centered is the correct and safe way to go...never compromise your front axle with cheap parts use the best parts available and you will be happy and safer in the long run!
Old 08-08-2012, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

just updated my signature so you know what I have...

Quick Reply: Track bar relocation brackets...i need some?