Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track bar question

Old 06-16-2015, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track bar question

Hello all i have a quick question about the track bars and lifts and such. My girlfreinds jeep 2012 lifted 4 door 3.5 inch with 35"tires had te stock track bar mount sheer off of the axle as we were driving down the road we managed to limp it back to my house but i was wondering what might have caused it to break like that it has about 45k on the clock. Ill have a picture up in a little bit any insight would be great.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its a thin mild steel bracket under a lifted school bus on 35's. The steel just tears away from the weld. Get a heavy duty weld on bracket like Artec's to replace it.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks i wasnt sure if it was just because of the metal or if its because the lift was interfering with it some how
Old 06-16-2015, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Heres a pic of the track bar and how we limped it back home

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1939438925.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	409.3 KB
ID:	615037
Old 06-16-2015, 06:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

That is (was) a raised rear bracket that came with the lift? If you don't opt for a weld-on bracket, there are some decent options that use big ubolts around the axle tube.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
That is (was) a raised rear bracket that came with the lift? If you don't opt for a weld-on bracket, there are some decent options that use big ubolts around the axle tube.
Yeah what he said.. Is that a raised track bar bracket? The angle looks high on the right.. Most lifts I've seen have a bracket that mounts to the right, lowering the mounting bolt..
Augi
Old 06-16-2015, 07:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Teraflex's bracket is stout as well
Old 06-18-2015, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't believe that is and after market bracket but not 100% sure as we werent the ones who installed the lift. When i looked closer yesterday it seemed as though when the bracket broke it cracked the axle houseing so looks like we will be in search of a rubi take off or a d44
Old 06-18-2015, 05:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by robbins84
Hello all i have a quick question about the track bars and lifts and such. My girlfreinds jeep 2012 lifted 4 door 3.5 inch with 35"tires had te stock track bar mount sheer off of the axle as we were driving down the road we managed to limp it back to my house but i was wondering what might have caused it to break like that it has about 45k on the clock. Ill have a picture up in a little bit any insight would be great.
You increased the leverage on the factory bracket with the relocation bracket. This can cause the factory bracket to fatigue. This is why we bolt ours into position and then require it to be welded on as well.

RK
Old 06-18-2015, 09:00 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by robbins84
I don't believe that is and after market bracket but not 100% sure as we werent the ones who installed the lift. When i looked closer yesterday it seemed as though when the bracket broke it cracked the axle houseing so looks like we will be in search of a rubi take off or a d44
Highly unlikely. You're probably just seeing a low point from welds being torn out. Post up a better pic when you can.

Quick Reply: Track bar question