Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track bar question

Old 07-09-2014, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track bar question

I'm looking at getting a new track bar on my 2012 JKU. I have a 2" spacer lift from AEV and wanted to know if there would be any harm in getting a track bar that was made for a bigger lift? Say one of the ones that specifies it's for a lift 2.5"-4". Eventually I'd like to get up to 4" and excuse my ignorance, but don't really understand the track bars built for different height lifts.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do you want a track bar for a 2" spacer lift? Probably don't need it. Save your money for a full spring lift and it will probably come with one.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Nothing wrong with putting in an adjustable track bar if you want one.

My 2.5" lift did not come with one. At 2.5" the front axle moves about 7/16" off-center so I bought an adjustable to put it back on center. Yours is off-center maybe 3/8" with 2" of lift. Many folks don't worry about it. On the other hand, if you go to a taller lift you will be ready to re-center the axle if you put the adjustable track bar in now.

Quick Reply: Track bar question