Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track Bar Question

Old 06-22-2013, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Bar Question

Do I need to relocate the bracket? I'm going with Synergy Track Bars - Quadratec. It states that I do not need to and that I'll be using OE bracket and hardware. Should I replace either?

Any other suggestions on what to go with?

I have an 07 JKU 4dr with a 3'' lift running with 265x70x17 tires.

Thought I fixed the DW issue I had.....replaced the BJ's now looking at the Track Bar. Jeep ran fine on the free-way the 2 times I was on it and then on the way home last night DW was back.

I have replaced all 4 BJ's, tires have been balanced, and alignment done. What else should I be look at?
Old 06-22-2013, 07:00 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume you are talking about the front track bar. You will not need a relocation bracket unless you are running a drag link flip kit. Since you are at 3" of lift height you do not need a drag link flip.

The bar uses the OEM hardware however you might want to consider upgrading to the 9/16 bolts (you will need to drill out the joints on the track bar). This will help prevent the possibility of the bar moving around inside the mounts.

Have you checked your drag link and tie rod for play?

Here is a link to an excellent video showing how to diag death wobble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uQwlmlhiF4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii81V7XYr-k Let us know if you would like any quotes on anything.

Quick Reply: Track Bar Question