Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

track bar options

Old 03-06-2015, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by illistninja
OK, so reading more on this topic and trying to learn as I go here. I've noticed that along with the issues I'm having with the death wobble I too have a huge dead spot in the steering wheel. Would it be recommended to do a relocation, drag link flip and selector shaft brace all at the same time while I'm doing the track bar, then I won't run into more issues when I do decide it's time for the long arm and 40s? I apologize for the ignorance on the topic, just trying to learn a bit more about this and wondering what an ideal set up would be...
It wouldn't hurt. If you don't want to lay out all that cash at one time I would say get the new TB for now and see how it does.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by illistninja
I did talk to the dealership, he didn't believe me and asked me to bring in the bolt they had installed as he didn't see why the mechanic would take out the one I had already put in. Seeing as I had to weld the track bar back together in order to get home I didn't think they would believe anything else I had to say on the matter and decided it was a lost cause... Thankfully my warranty is now up so I never have an excuse to take my rig back to them. I have also warned my friends in the area to stay away from them but it seems there's really not any good dealerships in my area that are any better. Also I am a red seal mechanic, heavy duty which I understand is a lot different than automotive, but I still feel fairly confident in my skills working on my jeep that it's offensive when a service manager calls me a liar! Where abouts are you located mds22? I'll be starting my new job down south shortly and already have a P.O box state side that I could get it shipped to. How much do you want for it?
I'm in Birmingham ALABAMA

Quick Reply: track bar options