Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track bar mount broke...

Old 11-06-2011, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track bar mount broke...

I am sure there has been other posts on this, and if so I apologize, everything I found was for the axle mount. My track bar mount on my frame broke on my way home from work, and actually sheared the metal instead of just breaking a weld. I would like to know what are my options for fixing this. I have access to a welder, so that is not an issue, but I am needing to get this repaired asap, because this is my daily driver. If anybody can give me some pointers of any kits that may be available I would be very grateful. Thank you very much.

Brandon
Old 11-06-2011, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by polkchop
I am sure there has been other posts on this, and if so I apologize, everything I found was for the axle mount. My track bar mount on my frame broke on my way home from work, and actually sheared the metal instead of just breaking a weld. I would like to know what are my options for fixing this. I have access to a welder, so that is not an issue, but I am needing to get this repaired asap, because this is my daily driver. If anybody can give me some pointers of any kits that may be available I would be very grateful. Thank you very much.

Brandon
I think JKS has a bracket but not sure if it will work with yours broken
Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Try searching for jk frame side track bar bracket. Besides the normal reinforcement brackets there are a few companies selling weld on replacements and also some universal build your own bracket kits.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Yes JKS and Teraflex as well as others make track bar brackets. Did you brake the front or the rear one? How did you break it?
Old 11-06-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Junkie

JKS makes a weld on one that is far superior to the stocker, also check out the Rusty's version as well and see what your needs are.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

It is is the front one, and I was just driving home from work when I noticed my steering wheel had become crooked. I have had issues with a drop bracket which I ended up welding to stop it from shifting, which now seems to have made the factory bracket a weak point...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111106_141415.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	233160

Here is a picture of the cracked bracket.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is is the front one, and I was just driving home from work when I noticed my steering wheel had become crooked. I have had issues with a drop bracket which I ended up welding to stop it from shifting, which now seems to have made the factory bracket a weak point...

Attachment 233160

Here is a picture of the cracked bracket.
Drill stop the ends with a hole diameter at least 2 x the thickness of the metal. Vee out the crack and weld it up. that will hold while you figure out why you broke it. You could add a stiffener to it--a vertical rib.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

Does anybody have some links to any of these mounts? All that I have found are supports for the original bracket.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Jedi Master

Does anybody have some links to any of these mounts? All that I have found are supports for the original bracket.
Probably don't need the drop pitman arm, but you can contact Full Traction to see it they can get you the brace and support.

http://www.full-traction.com/detail.php?MODELID=24&MAKEID=1&TYPEID=2&PRODUCTID= 506&NOTES=

I had the frame side track bar mount on my '07 and it was super strong. It will lower the mounting point of the track bar some.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Well ground the mount down and welded both sides of it. It doesnt move as of now, and am praying it will hold out for my 1.5 mile commute for the rest of the week.

Quick Reply: Track bar mount broke...