Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track Bar Bushes - Help Please

Old 03-15-2010, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Bar Bushes - Help Please

Hi all
What is the best combination for front trackbar bushes.
Poly / Flex
Rubber / Flex
Poly / Poly
Rubber / Rubber.

Which end should go where. I would assume that the rubber end should go to the chasis, and the flex end to the axle??

Are there any Trackbar brands that users are still having issues with, with bushes flogging out etc. if so which ones. I hear through reading the forum that JKS and Teraflex are probably the most popular, which are both rubber / rubber. I also hear that there are several issues with the JKS bushes wearing premeturely. In Australia, we are still having these issues, and becasue of what we here from the US, the manufacturers are still not sure which way to go. however I can request particular bushes?? Most of the US made front trackbars do not fit the RHD vehicles, some do?? the rears are OK apaprently.
Help
Old 03-15-2010, 09:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe you mean bushings?

My JKS adjustable Trac-bar has rubber on both sides. Poly bushings are stiffer, but may squeak. Typically poly bushings last longer so long as they are not put under extreme stress. As they will crack, where rubber will squish.

I am not sure about all LHD trac-bars, but I know mine should fit a RHD vehicle. It has the bend in it for the front diff, but that should not matter. Just means it is bent around nothing.

You should be able to replace the rubber bushings with poly ones if you wanted though.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not just about the material in the bushings, it's about the specific composition of the material. The JKS bushings are not just rubber they use OEM factory bushings.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default TrackBar bushes

Thanks guys,
I am not looking to rubbish any manufacturer, just looking for particular brands that have had multiple issues, so I can look at what type of bushes they use, what bushes to steer away from, and which ones to go for. I remember reading previous posts about staying away from Poly bushes, but that may have been in control arms. I am also aware that is not just the material, but also the make up of the bush. Many like the OE bush, but some manufacturers suggest they make or use stronger rubber bonded clevite bushes/ings. I have also heard that the OE bushings on the standard Panhards have a habit of chewing out or failing premeturely. Hopefully Jo fro TF can jump in and tell us why Tf have gone to two rubber OE bushings. And whether they have had many issues. I have not seen to many unhappy TF or JKS customers??
Thanks
Tom
Old 03-18-2010, 02:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Track bar Bushings

C'mon guys, surely someone has some idea here, some experience. Do Flex joints help to prevent the death wobble by preventing movement, If you have Poly should you only have poly on one side and not 2. These are my ideas, would love to here some from you. We have probably only made 500 Trackbars in Oz, so help us out?????\
Thanks
Tom

Quick Reply: Track Bar Bushes - Help Please