Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track bar bracket breaks on highway, hello ditch!! Any advice?

Old 01-04-2008, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had this happen with a adj track bar in the stock location? no brackets added.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

My dealership said I should have it back on Monday. I will post pictures of the fix then. I think the more I learn about this problem. I am going to go with HD adjustible bars front and rear as well as a new bracket. I was running a HD non-adjustible track bar in front stock in the rear, with all stock brackets, for those wondering.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

I bought the jeep and the lift in august of '07. I sure didn't get any relocation bracket with my lift. I will be e-mailing them in about 10 seconds tho.....
Old 01-06-2008, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adaycj
Troy_Boy what is with the BB's are awful thing? That has nothing to do with the OPs statements or questions. For the record there are not "upper" and "lower" trackbars.

That is, upper and lower adjustable control arms. I do not believe bb is the best choice for a lift on a JK and I think this does pertain to the op.
For those of you that have a bb lift or even one with say, springs and relocation brackets, have you experienced a dw or bump steer? And if not, have you drove your Jeep down a bumpy dirt road? Mine drove fine, on the highway.
I just think the design on the new JK's requires a better lift. Take this write up as an example....
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
This is by no means a bb.
The Jeep would be well tuned and brackets reinforced. Thats all I'm thinking. Do you all have an opinion on the fact that the JK is heavier, wider, longer and that the frame is larger and I think even the overall highth is taller? Than when you add larger tires, I can see how hard it is on factory parts when installing a lift. I just know with mine I need to start over and go with a better lift.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

So I finally got my Jeep back from the dealership. Turns out I got a brand spanking new front axel. I guess the Mopar boys told them to not bother with welding a new bracket on and just go ahead and replace the axel. Alllllll under warranty at zero charge.

Now on to upgrading parts.....
Old 01-10-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

WOW!!!

I am new to this forum and new to Jeep. I have been here for about 6 months and have an 08 2dr with many mods. I love the Jeep but I am alarmed at how many "death wobble" threads there seem to be. There must be thousands of Jeeps on the road and I have several friends who have them with no problems. Is this a bigger problem with the JK? I have 2 children and do not want to put them in any danger. I have a teraflex 3" lift with 35's and it drive good but should I make changes and add trac bar brackets, adj. trac bars?

Old 01-10-2008, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeffj78
Looking at the pics, it doesn't look like it failed at the weld, it looks like the steel failed - metal fatigue?
x2 The welds are still entact.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amc78cj7
x2 The welds are still entact.
x3. It looks like a twist, then a shear.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by NE Wrangling
wow that is the extreme death wobble that turned out good in reality for you not to have rolled the eep.

I assume you have the adjustable HD track bar with a 4" lift?
Nope, then it wouldn't have broke. It broke because of the Skyjacker relocation brackets. Common probelm with the long rear bracket and have heard of it a few times with the front.

Originally Posted by drt4fun
WOW!!!

I am new to this forum and new to Jeep. I have been here for about 6 months and have an 08 2dr with many mods. I love the Jeep but I am alarmed at how many "death wobble" threads there seem to be. There must be thousands of Jeeps on the road and I have several friends who have them with no problems. Is this a bigger problem with the JK? I have 2 children and do not want to put them in any danger. I have a teraflex 3" lift with 35's and it drive good but should I make changes and add trac bar brackets, adj. trac bars?

You should be fine. This has sems to be a Skyjacker only problem because of the length of the rear relation bracket. I haven't heard of any problems with Teraflex.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 01-10-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the information. I am some what releaved but will be diligent in checking all of my attachment point torques and periodically inspect the welds.

Quick Reply: Track bar bracket breaks on highway, hello ditch!! Any advice?