Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track bar with bracket?

Old 07-01-2008, 09:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ike
I wasn't defending any particular product, just explaining why some kits use a bracket instead of an adjustable bar.

I think people should have the information and make their own choices - if you have a problem with that go kick your dog or something.

I happen to like animals, so I wouldn't kick a dog. I don't have a problem with anything at all. All I was doing was saying to do a search and you will see that the relocation brackets cause problems. It has been discussed in depth.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not all track bar brackets are the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A propperly designed trac bar bracket will give you better handling and better steering geometry (less bump steer).

Just because one track bracket fails does not mean that all track bar brackets are junk.

Yes, I've seen all the failures due to the bracket, If you do a search you'll find that most of the failures come from the same brand/brands, and in some or most cases they have come up with a "fix" for the problem.

Track Bar Bracket is designed to correct steering geometry.

Adjustable Track Bar is designed to re-center the axle (front or rear) after lifting.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by David @ Currie Ent.
Not all track bar brackets are the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A propperly designed trac bar bracket will give you better handling and better steering geometry (less bump steer).

Just because one track bracket fails does not mean that all track bar brackets are junk.

Yes, I've seen all the failures due to the bracket, If you do a search you'll find that most of the failures come from the same brand/brands, and in some or most cases they have come up with a "fix" for the problem.

Track Bar Bracket is designed to correct steering geometry.

Adjustable Track Bar is designed to re-center the axle (front or rear) after lifting.
I hear you David. I didn't mean to make that impression. You're right, there are some good ones out there....but only a few. Most seem to be an "add on" to make the kit seem more complete and charge more money up front. I know Currie makes top notch stuff. I didn't mean to imply that ALL track bar brackets were bad. I mean just what I said. For the poster to do a search and see that some DO fail. sorry about the confyooshus. I think the smart thing is, don't cheap out when buying a bracket if that's how you're gonna go. Usually, you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: Track bar with bracket?