Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track bar bolts with RK track bar bracket question?

Old 01-19-2014, 08:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Track bar bolts with RK track bar bracket question?

So I just installed my Rk2.5 lift yesterday and today I went and bought the track bar bolts that were recommend on the forum. They are the 9/16 18 3" long Fine thread with grade 8 lock nuts. My question and or problem is that the bolt seems a little short. The bolt goes all the way through the nut till about flush with the end(so it is going through most of the nylon part but not sticking out of the nut). Can anyone let me know if this is ok, the next size bolt was 4" which would be to long and not tighten. I installed them with washers on both sides top and bottom of the bracket. Here are 2 pics of the top one to get and idea.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't run it like that for long.

Are you sure they were 3" bolts too?

Last edited by meep97; 01-19-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meep97
I wouldn't run it like that for long.

Are you sure they were 3" bolts too?
Yupp 3" bolts with washers on both sides. Stock OEM track bar bolt was about the same. Anyone running this bracket have any suggestions??
Old 01-20-2014, 12:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Get the lock nut without the nylon but the lock nut that looks like it crimped at the top, they are shorter or get a longer bolt
Prevailing Torque Hex Metal Lock Nut DIN 980 Class 10 Steel Plated - R. E. Glover Ltd. Supply
Old 01-20-2014, 01:00 AM
JK Junkie

Look at how thick the washers are. Stock uses a flange bolt and no washers. The bolts in the Northridge kit are 4" I believe.
But yes ... You want the crimped metal lock nut.

Quick Reply: Track bar bolts with RK track bar bracket question?