Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track bar advice.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track bar advice.

So I need immediate help if possible. It looks as if my rockkrawler lift didn't come with the bolts to replace the track bar ones. If I remember right they are the wrong size for the stock trackbars. Do I need to replace the bolts with my lift kit as well?? I dropped all the track bars and control arms and my axle is completely off besides the steering. So do I need new bolts???? If so I am going to ace tonight to get this lift on. Thanks!!! And if I do need them can you post the dimensions? My app is glitchy on my phone an it won't search. Thanks again!!!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

There is a post in the mod section that stated the bolt size. I think it stated 14mm.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...aising-my-Rubi
Old 01-13-2012, 08:18 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks! One more question!!! Are these bump stop extensions or bump stops??? The original bumps stops fit in there tight but fit. Thanks!!! (see attached images)
Old 01-14-2012, 03:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sient wolf
Thanks! One more question!!! Are these bump stop extensions or bump stops??? The original bumps stops fit in there tight but fit. Thanks!!! (see attached images)
those are bumpstop extensions, you got it.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just changed my stock trac bar bolts today. The OEM ones are 14mm but these are tad small and are all threads which will eat up you bushings over time...or short time if you do a lot of flexing. The new ones I got from fastenal are 9/16-18x3, grade 8 bolts with washers, lock washers, and nuts. 9/16 is a perfect fit and will help eliminate death wobble that a lot of us experience when hitting potholes and such.

You can do a search on the forum...lot of people are changing their OEM trac bars and LCA bolts with 9/16 bolts. Hope this help.

Quick Reply: Track bar advice.