Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track Bar

Old 10-25-2015, 09:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, it's a pro comp, not the best choice from what I've read, but I'm not in the position to put a new lift on.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnyb19
I'm in Italy. The guy that originally owned it bought it here lifted it 4 inches, sold it to a female and she sold it to the guy I bought it from. The guy I got it from only put 700 miles on it and never took it off road.
Bummer, kind of narrows the options for someone local off the board to check it out for you. ALL kinds of possibilities here then (Pro Comp and all). Start with the obvious like you see and go from there. But I'm betting a Procomp 4" lift did not include the necessary equipment to compensate for the steering geometry which would cause/aggravate the condition but maybe it was added?
Old 10-25-2015, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sucks that there aren't any local places that I know of either. I couldn't tell u what is stock and what is not, this is my first jeep and there wasn't much passed on to me. The guy I bought it from said he had planned to replace the steering components, just never got around to it. I know that the track bar has this issue and the tie rod needs replaced. The left tie rod end rubber cover is destroyed. So I'm planning to replace both of those and go from there. There is a guy at work that has a JK sport as well, I may need to take a peek under his and compare his stock to mine.

Quick Reply: Track Bar