Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track bar ??

Old 05-06-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Sorry, typed that on my iphone and left out bar. Track bar is junk. Not only do the joints go bad quickly, but the threaded part strips out too.
Also, being is that its a Superlift, check the rear axle mounted trackbar bracket. Those have been known to rip the stock mount off. Superlift has since come out with a weld on addition, don't know which one you may have. Several companies have a re-inforced one you can put on to not only re-locate the trackbar, but help strengthen the stock mount. I run a Teraflex one.
When i bought the jeep i also got the 3 yr unlimited mile warranty. The jeep allready had a lift on it so it should be covered. Hopefully they will fix it then ill replace it later with somthing stronger ie... JKS or Teraflex maybe Curie. Ill check the rear track bar as well.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Coondog33

Great catch...I thought it looked strange..
Can u send a pix of this
Old 05-07-2011, 08:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bingbola
Can u send a pix of this
I posted a pic of both springs one on the first page and the second spring on the second page. one needs to turn clockwise about an inch and the other needs to go counter clockwise about three inches. And i still have the trac bar issue, thats how all this started All just minor stuff, getting ready to go out and fix the springs right now....Hope those are the pics you wanted.

Quick Reply: Track bar ??