Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

trac bar

Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 0259brian
its to recenter rear trac bar
Originally Posted by wayoflife
LOL!! yes, i know that but is the bracket the one that attaches to the axle mount or the frame mount and if it's the axle, does it come with a support strap. i have installed a couple of these in the past and i can't seem to remember for sure. i'm pretty sure it has a support strap and if it does, you will be fine with it.

lmfao. . that cracked me up.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sooo, what's the verdict here? I installed the RC 2.5 kit over the Xmas holiday and have been running it w/o issue. I have yet to hit a trail but have been a little concerned about my rear axle being o/c about 1/4-1/2".

Has anyone had any side effects long term with not addding an aftermarket track bar? I'm thinking of getting an adjustable one just for peace of mind.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIGG
Sooo, what's the verdict here? I installed the RC 2.5 kit over the Xmas holiday and have been running it w/o issue. I have yet to hit a trail but have been a little concerned about my rear axle being o/c about 1/4-1/2".

Has anyone had any side effects long term with not addding an aftermarket track bar? I'm thinking of getting an adjustable one just for peace of mind.
i ran my RC 2.5" BB for about 10k miles with offset axles (rear about 1/2") with no side effects.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Do yourself a favor and get an adjustable rear trac-bar, I would suggest one for the front as well.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:54 AM
JK Super Freak

I just got back from my dealership and the tech guy I check with (because I'm getting my Old Man EMU 2" lift this week) said that the only problems they've seen is failure with the factory rear trac bar bracket. He said to get a rear trac bar support and it would be fine. Now I have to figure exactly what he meant by trac bar reinforcement. He said some kits come with it.

Quick Reply: trac bar