Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

trac bar

Old 03-08-2009, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trac bar

i have the 2.5 bb rough country lift and got the rear trac bar bracket but read some place on here that the brackets cause problems and advise on adj trac bars. can any one explain more on if i shoud put this on or get adj trac bars.need to know if any one has had problems with these.(rough country rear trac bar bracket)
Old 03-08-2009, 05:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 0259brian
i have the 2.5 bb rough country lift and got the rear trac bar bracket but read some place on here that the brackets cause problems and advise on adj trac bars. can any one explain more on if i shoud put this on or get adj trac bars.need to know if any one has had problems with these.(rough country rear trac bar bracket)
You don't need to install any track bar braket with the 2.5 bb rough country lift.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:49 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

it's been a while but is this the bracket that mounts to the axle end but has an additional straps that ties into control mount? if so, you should be okay running it.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

its to recenter rear trac bar
Old 03-08-2009, 09:01 PM
JK-Forum Founder

its to recenter rear trac bar
LOL!! yes, i know that but is the bracket the one that attaches to the axle mount or the frame mount and if it's the axle, does it come with a support strap. i have installed a couple of these in the past and i can't seem to remember for sure. i'm pretty sure it has a support strap and if it does, you will be fine with it.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

just two brackets no strap sorry for the dumbness before have not crawled under to look things over. my main concern is the post i have seen on factory trac bar brackets breaking. will this one cause that?. do i need to just get adj trac bars?. will have to get one for the front as this is only for rear. or will i be fine with none. jeep drives great after lift i did not even need to adjust steering wheel but i do notice the rear sits to one side now.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the factory bracket can snap even with stock suspension... just get it welded up and you'll be fine. But yest relocation brackets seem to add to the problem.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:50 AM
JK-Forum Founder

if there are no extra supports, i would not run this bracket even if it were welded up. the leverage placed on the axle mount is severe and over time, it will break off. if you can afford it, i would recommend getting an adjustable track bar.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i meant weld up the factory bracket, not weld the aftermarket barcket to the oem bracket.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rear Adjustable Track Bar Relocation Bracket

Hi Everyone,

I have done a little searching; but, so far I haven't found an explanation that satisifies me.

I have an '08 JK 2-door. I recently purchased (and am almost completed the installation of) an OME LT kit from David at Northridge.

Adjustable front and rear track bars were provided with the kit.

I believe that I have read that there have been problems with the rear axle bracke failing. With the adjustable track bar, should I buy a more substantial bracket and have it welded on? Or, with this set up should I be okay if I keep from any extreme wheeling?

(What about the front?)

Thanks for any advice.

Jeff

Quick Reply: trac bar