Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TPMS Sensors for new wheels

Old 04-11-2014, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a set of new sensors when I purchased my new wheels and tires. I didn't want to open the OEM wheels/tires just to get the sensors out. I picked a set of new sensors up from Amazon.com, $85 for 5.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I purchased new sensors with my new wheels and tires. When I put the new wheels on the dash light never came on. I thought there was a learning period required but apparently not. I started to think that maybe my system was broken. The weird thing is that after about 1000 miles I put a Teraflex leveling kit on. The next morning the dash light came on for the first time. I had it at the dealer the next day and asked them to check it out. They programmed the sensors but could not get the sensor on the spare to register. I guess it was just strange timing and the new sensor in the spare just went dead. Now I need to try to get Tread Depot to replace the sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 04-15-2014, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

You are not going to be spending 200+ on new sensors lol. Notice I said NEW, whereas, others bought some used ones for cheap off eBay? Anyways, for Chrysler sensors, you will be spending $100 and some change for each NEW sensor. A total of five sensors would bring you close to $600. You don't need 5 because sensors only read rotational mass so the spare is not being monitored. Also, you would not be buying new sensors, just reuse your old ones and no shops should charge to transfer your old valve stem and sensor over. If they do, laugh at them and go somewhere else.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

The WCM module might be programmed to read 5 individual tpms sensor ID's even though it monitors the ones with rotational mass. So if the module is missing that 5th ID number then it might cause your tire light to flash on an off. Idk I would have to look on witech next time I get another jk tpms issue.

Quick Reply: TPMS Sensors for new wheels