Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TPMS Sensors for new wheels

Old 04-11-2014, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS Sensors for new wheels

Debating using my Rubi X wheels vs. a set of Fuel wheels when I do my build. It seems like a simple question, but I haven't seen the answer anywhere. What are you guys doing when you buy a new set of wheels and tires? Are you reusing the TPMS sensors from your factory wheels, or spending the extra $200+ to just have a new set installed before they ship your new wheels and tires? What is the most cost effective, i.e. if you reuse them, now much will a local tire store hit you for swapping them over? Thanks!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

I reused mine the tire shop did them for free.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have had the shop switch out my stock sensors each time I buy wheels. Some charge for it and other don't. But if they do it still cost way less than buying a new set. If you got the cash buy the new set so you can swap between wheels easily.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought these for $85 off ebay Set of Five 5 Jeep Chrysler Dodge RAM Tire Pressure Sensors TPMS 56029398AB | eBay
Old 04-11-2014, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

Where are you getting charged so mich tpms? I just had new sensors put in when i got my 33"s for $4/sensor. No labor charge. (Outside the normal tire mounting/balancing charge)
I hope it doesn't mean i paid $4 for fake sensors lol.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just dont reinstall them. Who cares lol.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

How do I know if the sensors aren't in? I changed from stock to 35 in tires. They said they moved the sensors. I didn't trust there work. What indications would I see if they didn't move the tpms?
Old 04-11-2014, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mikestoick
Just dont reinstall them. Who cares lol.
x2

I hate the TPMS nanny and didn't invite her to my new wheel party. I have an OCD ritual of monitoring my own tires each time I drive the jeep by looking at them.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bwills156
How do I know if the sensors aren't in? I changed from stock to 35 in tires. They said they moved the sensors. I didn't trust there work. What indications would I see if they didn't move the tpms?
Let some air out of a tire, see if the light comes on....
Old 04-11-2014, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chefbrujo
Where are you getting charged so mich tpms? I just had new sensors put in when i got my 33"s for $4/sensor. No labor charge. (Outside the normal tire mounting/balancing charge) I hope it doesn't mean i paid $4 for fake sensors lol.
Sounds like you went to discount tire. You didn't get new sensors for $4. They charge a "rebuild" fee. I just had new tires put on my F-150 and saw the charge. I asked the guy what consisted of a rebuild since there was nothing wrong with mine. He then said they clean them and test, blah blah blah. Basically it's just another fee tire dealers can tack on. Kind of like disposal fees, shop supplies, etc. Next it will be the "lug nut reprocessing fee". LOL.

Quick Reply: TPMS Sensors for new wheels