Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TPMS Sensors?

Old 09-21-2008, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS Sensors?

What will happen if you don't have TPMS sensors in a new aftermarket set of wheels and tires? I am thinking of ordering a set of Pro Comp's and Nitto tires, on line, to replace my OEM Sahara set..
Old 09-21-2008, 02:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JUS 1 MO
What will happen if you don't have TPMS sensors in a new aftermarket set of wheels and tires? I am thinking of ordering a set of Pro Comp's and Nitto tires, on line, to replace my OEM Sahara set..
I am running aftermarket wheels w/out them...Still kept my stock rims & tires in tack...Usually at start up the (!) will start flashing along with several "dinging" sounds. The dinging will go away, but the (!) light will blink for a while then stay completely on...I have become accustomed to it and is not too annoying...
Old 09-21-2008, 03:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I transfered my sensors to the new wheels for now and everything is working as it should. No lights or bells.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

i am upgrading to AEV Pintlers, and 33" KM2s in the next month... My 18" Sahara obviously came with the TPMS sensors, so when I take them to NTB (or whomever) to mount/balance/align them, I can also pay them to take out the TPMS sensor and have them reinstall them in the new AEV's?

What about setting them to the new pressure for the tires?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Wallyworld moved all five of mine and balanced with stick-on weights for $40.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by N2rock
Everytime you start up, there is 4 dings, and then the TPMS light on the dash stays lit continuously. Neither of these are big deals, and most people just learn to ignore them.

However... Some states have annual safety inspections. And some of those states require them TPMS to work if the vehicle was originally equipped. So just make sure.

BTW- you can always order those online, then take them to a tire shop and have the shop move the TPMS from your stock wheels to the new wheels. They usually charge $10-$20 per wheel to do this.

Some on Ebay now. Item number 290262727159.

Quick Reply: TPMS Sensors?