Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TPMS Sensor?

Old 08-06-2008, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I went to 35's, for some reason the shop had them inflated to 35psi, which was crazy. After lowering them to 26psi, the TPMS warning kept going off every time I started the Jeep.

I had thought that the computer was complaining because of the lowered pressure, but the dealership informed me that the warning is set to go off if any tire varies from the other tires by 6psi. Since my spare tire on the back was still at 35psi, that would be the issue

So, if you're lowering your psi, remember to do all 5 tires, not just the 4 you're riding on
Old 08-06-2008, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Can I run new rims and tires without the sensors?

I really don't want the head ache of swapping them out from my stock rubi rims and tires, plus I'm thinking I can sell the stock rims/tires for more with the sensors in them.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
Can I run new rims and tires without the sensors?

I really don't want the head ache of swapping them out from my stock rubi rims and tires, plus I'm thinking I can sell the stock rims/tires for more with the sensors in them.
What a royal PIA these thins are. You can run fine without them but your tpms light will be on. I think some states may start inspecting them in the future, kinda like a smog check. If' they're not working you don't pass. I would keep at least the sensors if you sell your tires.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:38 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't know if they read pressure differences or just a low sensor but I changed out my wheels/tires today to stock Rubicon BFG's without sensors and drove them around to make sure I wuold like them. No light or bell sounded. Then I remembered that my stock spare with sensor was still mounted on the back. Maybe the one tire with TPMS is enough. I'll know tomorrow after a 200 mile road trip.

Quick Reply: TPMS Sensor?