Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TPMS Sensor?

Old 07-19-2008, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS Sensor?

Can anyone tell me what the TPMS Sensor is? I contacted Hutchinson about their wheels and they said there was now an adapter kit.
They also informed me that Mopar now had a beadlock wheel but I have to say I like the RockMonster much better.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAOKKIE
Can anyone tell me what the TPMS Sensor is?
Tire Pressure Monitor System. Part the the wheel valve stem assembly. Brought to you by goverment mandate for all 2008 vehicles
Old 07-19-2008, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

I would not order a rim that needs an adaptor kit to accept the sensors. I have see them leak and even drop the sensor insied the tire! If the sensor bounces around inside the tire too much it will puncture the inner liner and ruin the tire and possibly the sensor. Almost every new car has these TPM sensors now so you should be able to find a wheel that is deligned to hold them properly.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You could always due this to them.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAOKKIE
Can anyone tell me what the TPMS Sensor is? I contacted Hutchinson about their wheels and they said there was now an adapter kit.
I'd like to see the adaptor they have.

I've got the Rock Monsters and don't even worry about the TPMS light (and brightened odometer light at night) & chime. Seems it resets periodically 'cause my factory rims & tires are in the garage and my Jeep even makes it in there occasionally.
You could just make a plastic TPMS pipe bomb, to keep the sensors in just like many at Club Lexus do if it really bothers you.
Either way, it's still going to go off when you air down, which isn't a bad idea as it might remind you to air back up.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:37 AM
JK Freak

I'd like to see the adaptor they have.

I've got the Rock Monsters and don't even worry about the TPMS light (and brightened odometer light at night) & chime. Seems it resets periodically 'cause my factory rims & tires are in the garage and my Jeep even makes it in there occasionally.
You could just make a plastic TPMS pipe bomb, to keep the sensors in just like many at Club Lexus do if it really bothers you.
Either way, it's still going to go off when you air down, which isn't a bad idea as it might remind you to air back up.

Nice looking rig I love those RockMonsters.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edwin907

If you make the "TPMS pipe bomb" why would airing down your tires set off the warning light?

Trending Topics

Old 07-20-2008, 11:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by davidwm71
If you make the "TPMS pipe bomb" why would airing down your tires set off the warning light?
Obviously it wouldn't, when I edited the text I meant to place the pipe bomb comment last.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328044
Old 07-20-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edwin907
Obviously it wouldn't, when I edited the text I meant to place the pipe bomb comment last.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328044
ok... I figured it wouldn't. Are the Jeep sensors always on or do they turn on with movement... and if so is just sitting in the Jeep while driving enough movement to activate the transmitter?
Old 07-21-2008, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by davidwm71
ok... I figured it wouldn't. Are the Jeep sensors always on or do they turn on with movement... and if so is just sitting in the Jeep while driving enough movement to activate the transmitter?
Mine seem to reset when the Jeep gets into the garage with the factory wheels/tires sitting nearby on the concrete floor, so I'd guess movement isn't necessary.
But it isn't as fast to do so as my Lexus was.

Quick Reply: TPMS Sensor?