Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tpms reset

Old 01-29-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tpms reset

I just put 4 new rims on my jeep, used the old tire presure monitors and my tires are at 35 psi I have put about 50 km on it and the light has not gone off yet, is there anything I can do to reset the light?
Old 01-29-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any one??????
Old 01-29-2011, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is no manual reset. whatever the door placard says for tire pressure is what the sensed tire pressure must be to keep the light off, unless of course you have an aftermarket programmer.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

It says 35 psi and that's what I put them at with our tire machene and it's state of the art, maybe I'll try checking them with another presure tester, thanks
Old 01-29-2011, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

You could always try a few pounds over the setpoint. I'm not sure what the tolerances are on the sensors or the actual range you get without a light. Some people have had problems with the spare kicking the light for underinflation as well. I know the manual says the spare isn't sensed but sometimes it is, so it's worth a check.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

Here's another thread all about the issue, just for some more reading.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-Warning-Light
Old 01-30-2011, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

I found that with my TPMS I had to have the tire pressure set at 38 psi. If it was set at 37 psi or less the light would come on. I solved the problem when I got new tires though, I used an AEV Procal and turned the whole system off.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jeep_creep
I just put 4 new rims on my jeep, used the old tire presure monitors and my tires are at 35 psi I have put about 50 km on it and the light has not gone off yet, is there anything I can do to reset the light?

I went through the same thing you are going through now. I bought the AEV ProtoCal Tool. You can set whatever PSI you want, including ZERO , Which will dis-engage the TPMS totally. The tool also calibrated the Speedo, Gear ratio change, Daytimes runnign light <-- headlights or fog lights, Steer-wheel center, rpm advancement for winch and other high amperage needs , etc. Worth every penny. I got it for $150 no shipping. AEV-CONVERSIONS.COM[/url] Most 4x4 stores have themin stock. Easy to use, one time setup , put the tool back in the box, for future use. Only works on one Jeep at a time. Can not be setup for multiple Jeeps.

I do not work for AEV, just figured I would bring this info , in case those were not aware of this product. There are other programmers out there that do the above as well.

SLIM

Last edited by SLIM_SNOOPY; 01-30-2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Please do not post clickable non-sponsor links
Old 01-30-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SLIM_SNOOPY
I went through the same thing you are going through now. I bought the AEV ProtoCal Tool. You can set whatever PSI you want, including ZERO , Which will dis-engage the TPMS totally. The tool also calibrated the Speedo, Gear ratio change, Daytimes runnign light <-- headlights or fog lights, Steer-wheel center, rpm advancement for winch and other high amperage needs , etc. Worth every penny. I got it for $150 no shipping. AEV-CONVERSIONS.COM Most 4x4 stores have themin stock. Easy to use, one time setup , put the tool back in the box, for future use. Only works on one Jeep at a time. Can not be setup for multiple Jeeps.

I do not work for AEV, just figured I would bring this info , in case those were not aware of this product. There are other programmers out there that do the above as well.

SLIM
Good to know it does all that stuff..
Some where there is a write up on a bunch of these gizmos.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same problem. I also set tire pressure to 38 and a few miles later light went off.

Quick Reply: Tpms reset