Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TPMS question

Old 02-26-2013, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS question

I just had my new 35's put on this morning (4 hours ) I had the shop take the tpms out of my stock tires and put them in my new wheel and tires, I was driving home and noticed that my tpms lite was NOT on so when i got home I called them and asked if they reset anything for the new tire hieght, he said no. My question is do the sensors come on if you have to much air or just if it drops below the recomenned psi on stock tires? I have a 2011 sport 6 speed. Thanks
Old 02-26-2013, 11:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The tpms sensors don't care what size the tires are as long as the air pressure inside them doesn't fall below the preset limit. I don't know what the lower limit is but on my 2011 the light seems to come on when the pressure drops a couple psi below 30.

Quick Reply: TPMS question