Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TPMS light stays everything checked out...

Old 08-10-2014, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS light stays everything checked out...

Anyone having trouble resetting the TPMS level with a Superchip Flashpaq?

Here's the background...
2008 Rubicon - 2 door.
Back in October I bought new rims and tires GY, MTR Kevlars 35x12.5. I had the shop install new TPM sensors. Everything worked fine. No dash light. A week or so later, I got my Superchip Flashpaq, did the chalk test and set the pressure in the tires and on the TPMsystem to 28psi. Again no dash light. Everything's cool.

In June, Dash light comes on, I check the tire pressure and its still at 28. Cannot get the light shut off. I stop by the tire shop that installed the sensors and mounted the tires. The scanned each tire and re-synched the system, Light went off. Yeah! I double checked the Superchip setting was still loaded on the Jeep, it was.

About a week later, light is back on. Tire pressure right at 28psi.

I was at 4 Wheel Parts for a new Tie Rod and Drag Link, so I asked them to check the system. They said the pressure was low and inflated the tires to 35psi "or whetever was on the door frame". I asked if that pressure was too high for those tires and they said not really and since we are in Califorinia they are not allowed to set the tire pressure to anything else. The dash light is off now.

My confusion ...
I set the tire pressure to 28psi and the light stayed off for months, now without changing any settings or even plugging in the flashpaq, it seems like the Jeep's TPMSystem reset itself to factory. I have not plugged in to check the setting yet but will.

Any ideas? Anyone have similar "ghosts" in their TMPsystem?
Old 08-10-2014, 12:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How and when did you measure tire pressure? You say it was right at 28. Pressure increases with heat so you need to take that into consideration. Also, the gauge you used may be off a pound or two, not uncommon. Try setting the TPMS with the flashpaq to 25 before you run 28 psi.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the pressure with the Currie EZ Deflate gauge. I set the pressure to 30psi and programmed the TPMS to 28. We'll see how it goes. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2014, 07:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Still pretty close. Hope it works out for you.

Quick Reply: TPMS light stays everything checked out...