Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TPMS issues

Old 07-04-2015, 03:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same issue. Bought mine at DTD online and called them with the issue. They advised me to go to my local Discount Tire...they will do what ever it takes to fix it. They worked on mine once a week for 4 months. We finally just took out the TPMS that I bought through them, and installed my OEM ones. Works great now....no issues at all. They also refunded me the money. When I walk in there they all know me by name too. I will always buy from them now...outstanding customer service.

Last edited by Huntress; 07-04-2015 at 04:01 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Huntress
I had the same issue. Bought mine at DTD online and called them with the issue. They advised me to go to my local Discount Tire...they will do what ever it takes to fix it. They worked on mine once a week for 4 months. We finally just took out the TPMS that I bought through them, and installed my OEM ones. Works great now....no issues at all. They also refunded me the money. When I walk in there they all know me by name too. I will always buy from them now...outstanding customer service.
If that's the case I have 5 stock tpms I'll sale for $105. That's half of what discount charges for new ones that don't work.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

Hey guys I work at DTC and if you stop by one of our stores we will diagnose the problem for free we have a tool that tells use if they are communicating or not.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CREG38
Hey guys I work at DTC and if you stop by one of our stores we will diagnose the problem for free we have a tool that tells use if they are communicating or not.
I live in Jersey and there are no DTD near me. Other shops don't want to help if you didn't buy tires from them. So I am a little stuck. It's not like I can send 5 tires back. Plus they sold me the chrysler oem tpms with my tires so no reason why they shouldn't work.
Dave

Last edited by Daves11JK; 07-06-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Auto Zone sells tire pressure gauges for $5 and a small piece of electrical tape completely covers that TPMS light.....lol.....The other $200 bucks could have bought a bunch of tri-tip and beer!!!
Old 07-08-2015, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new TPMS sensors need to be "calibrated" to the vehicle from what I recall. You can't just put new ones in and expect them to work. The money spent on new sensors is half way to a tuner that can disable TPMS.

I disabled mine with Superchips.

Quick Reply: TPMS issues