Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TPMS issues

Old 10-27-2014, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS issues

I recently purchased a mounted set of wheels and tires from Discount Tire Direct. The sensors are already installed, all I had to do is bolt the wheel and tire up and torque the lug nuts. The front tires were recognized after 5 or 6 miles. The rears however have been on for 90-100 miles and the computer hasn't picked them up yet. Can anyone shed light on how the system works and what I might do to start the recognition process over or advance it in any way?
Old 10-27-2014, 09:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is your tire pressure set at? Sometimes they won't connect if the pressure is too low relative to the factory setting. Try pumping the tires to 40 psi and see if that does it. If they connect, then you are fine to adjust the pressure to whatever level.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
What is your tire pressure set at? Sometimes they won't connect if the pressure is too low relative to the factory setting. Try pumping the tires to 40 psi and see if that does it. If they connect, then you are fine to adjust the pressure to whatever level.
Good idea. Using the Flashcal, I've set the pressure threshold to 30psi. Is there a way to restart the learn process? I'll try a little more pressure this evening.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevewix
Good idea. Using the Flashcal, I've set the pressure threshold to 30psi. Is there a way to restart the learn process? I'll try a little more pressure this evening.
I don't think the Procal matters. Just air the tires up to 40. If that doesn't work, run over to your local discount tire. They can check to make sure the sensors are good.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I don't think the Procal matters. Just air the tires up to 40. If that doesn't work, run over to your local discount tire. They can check to make sure the sensors are good.
I tried airing up to no avail. I'm going to put the ECM back to stock with the flashcal.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

RR tire had a 315mhz sensor in it. Replaced with a 433mhz sensor, jeep still won't read after 20 miles and two key cycles. Thoughts?
Old 07-02-2015, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wish I saw this post before I bought my rims/tires from Discount tire direct. I am having the same issue. TPMS flashes fast for one minute then stays on steady. Over a week now. 2011 with 315 mhz. Never had an issue with old wheels and tpms. Will have to take it to local shop. No discount tires near me.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that little light that much of a bother to yall lol.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Is that little light that much of a bother to yall lol.
It's not the light that bothers me. It bothers me that I spent $210.00 on something that doesn't work. Had I known I would have just done without them.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daves11JK

It's not the light that bothers me. It bothers me that I spent $210.00 on something that doesn't work. Had I known I would have just done without them.
The tpms cost $210? Holy shit I would have opted out of that from the very beginning. That's ridiculous. Lol. Now I'm thinking I should sale my tpms sensors for half that. Hmmmm

Quick Reply: TPMS issues