Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TPMS and Cragar Black "D" Window compatible?

Old 04-14-2008 | 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default TPMS and Cragar Black "D" Window compatible?

Looks like I may have jumped the gun a little bit by ordering 17x9 Cragar Black "D" Window Steel Wheels for my 08 Rubi with stock 32s. I was unaware of the TPMS mandate for new vehicles, and the possibility that the stock sensors may not be compatible with the Cragars. I've done a fairly comprehensive search of this site and the web, called Quadratec, Summit Racing, and Cragar and got three different answers (Cragar actually deferred to Quadratec). I still have some leeway because my Black Ds are backordered at Summit until 4/26. It would be nice to get a definitive answer. Don't suppose anyone here has one? Sifting through the threads here, I see no mention of the Black Ds, only of the Soft 8s, and there's contradicting information about them. Quadratec stated the stock TPMS "will not work with Cragars"; Summit Racing didn't have a clue and referred me to Cragar; Cragar tech first said, "yes, they should work", but then deferred to Quadratec when I told him they claimed otherwise. He then went on to say that "officially" Cragar makes no claims about the compatibility of stock TPMS on their wheels, but that he has seen them work. Hmmm. It's likely I'm gonna be a guinea pig for this particular wheel.
I was thinking we could start a thread listing the various wheels that the stock TPMS are compatible/incompatible with, and then post it as a sticky list to be updated regularly.
Old 04-14-2008 | 04:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Quadratec is mistaken. My TPMS sensors were moved over to my Cragar Soft 8's and work as they should. You'll be fine.

I'm curious what makes them think that they wouldn't work.

Last edited by riverzendz; 04-14-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-15-2008 | 12:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by riverzendz
Quadratec is mistaken. My TPMS sensors were moved over to my Cragar Soft 8's and work as they should. You'll be fine.

I'm curious what makes them think that they wouldn't work.
Well, I'm certainly curious too. It's amazing that I couldn't get a definitive answer from Cragar. I'll post when I find out for sure.
Old 04-15-2008 | 04:03 AM
JK Freak

I have crager soft 8s ...everything works fine so far
Old 04-15-2008 | 06:11 AM
JK Junkie

Hey Guys,
First a little story, Rhonda Leo and I went hard wheelin sunday and Rhonda's RubyJeep is an 08' and HAS the TPMS. After rubbing the valve stwems on some rocks the ends got chewed up and could not easily get air back in them with out some work.

So yesterday we went to our local Discount Tire and They have a bracket that mount the TPM sensors in the middle of the rim with a huge pipe clamp and then use regular rubber style valve stems which i would think this would work with almost any wheel out there.

# for our local discount tire 425-743-1060

A pic of how hard we were running

Last edited by jkkat; 04-15-2008 at 06:14 AM.
Old 04-15-2008 | 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses so far.

Discount Tire and They have a bracket that mount the TPM sensors in the middle of the rim with a huge pipe clamp and then use regular rubber style valve stems
Are the new sensors playing nicely with the Rubi TPMS system?
Old 04-15-2008 | 07:42 AM
JK Junkie

useing the old ones.

Quick Reply: TPMS and Cragar Black "D" Window compatible?