Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Toyota FJ roof rack on JEEP?

Old 12-27-2012, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota FJ roof rack on JEEP?

I was just thinking about this and would it actually be possible to put a FJ rack on a JK? Is there a weight limit for the hard top im curious if anyone else has thought about this because i just thought about it and im curious if it is actually possible or if some people have some opinions i mean i would love to see jeep come out with a factory roof rack for the jeep. opinions people and thoughts
Old 12-27-2012, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Hmmm

Im going to say no, the FJ roof curves at the back where 2 of the mounting points are. I think the FJ has a wider roof then a JK, but I'm not positive on that one. Just my .02, good luck!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

I think MORE makes one... or MBRP or something... Not sure who it was now?
Old 12-27-2012, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bwink999
I was just thinking about this and would it actually be possible to put a FJ rack on a JK? Is there a weight limit for the hard top im curious if anyone else has thought about this because i just thought about it and im curious if it is actually possible or if some people have some opinions i mean i would love to see jeep come out with a factory roof rack for the jeep. opinions people and thoughts
Anything can be made to fit anything with enough knowledge and fabrication. Try it out. The worst that can happen is that it won't fit. Just don't drill any holes until you are ABSOLUTELY SURE that it's what you want and are happy with the fit. Then, go for it. It'll be a one of a kind.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:08 PM
JK Super Freak

I doubt it will fit and you might damage your hard top trying to get it on there. The racks for JK's I've seen are designed specifically to mount where they won't break anything. Better to get one made for your Jeep.

Quick Reply: Toyota FJ roof rack on JEEP?