Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TOYO's

Old 05-30-2010, 04:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Toyo's are great tires. They're heavy, expensive, and aren't exactly a cutting edge design....but they also balance better than most other MT's, have good manners on paved roads, work well on rocks/mud/trail, and will shrug off abuse that would destroy a lesser tire.

There are tons of guys in my club that wheel on BFG's, plenty of guys with ProComps, lots of folks with Interco's, and a reasonable number with Toyo's. Folks with BFG's and pro-comps seem to like them at least half the time, guys with interco's on trail only rigs love them, guys with interco's on rigs that are driven on the highway hate 'em.

Guys that buy one set of Toyo's seem to keep buying Toyo's, and don't seem to complain about them...
Old 05-30-2010, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like everyones said tough as hell, great tires but heavy. I'm on my second set ran 35's for a while and then got 37's. Love em, i never worry about getting a flat since they are so beefy. also they wear much better than others i've seen.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had them on both my current JK and prior YJ---- great tires.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only had mine a couple months but real happy with them so far.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had them on my KJ and loved them.

My brother has been running the BFG KM2's on his LJ for about 30,000 and they have been great as well.

can't really go wrong either way
Old 05-31-2010, 04:01 AM
JAC
JK Newbie

I have them on my jk 35x12.5x18 a little rough but managable, i also have 33x12.5x20 in my F250 smoother ride, due to the weight. both sets balance good and are wearing even. i like em... now if i can talk my wife into putting a set on her civic, i wouldent mind driving it
Old 05-31-2010, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by NeverEnuff
The weight comparison is somewhat minimized when clearly one tire is at least 15% wider.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPop
The weight comparison is somewhat minimized when clearly one tire is at least 15% wider.
Good point. I noticed that to so I had to look up the size comparison. A 37" KM2 is 12.5" wide (according to their website) and a 37" Toyo is 13.5" (but measures 14.6"). But ya, you are right. It does make one question the comparison

There always seems to be people ranting about the weight of Toyo's. My buddy for instance has Pro Comps in a 35" and steel wheels and tried to discourage me about the weight of Toyos. We weighed his combo and it came to 104#'s. My combo is 35" Toyos with aluminum wheels and mine weigh 104.6#'s. So all is not what it seems to be sometimes
Old 05-31-2010, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to run these in a 37x14.5x15. The load range on these is a c so they should ride ok. My concern is with that much side wall, will I be able to balance them with out using a pound of weight????
Old 05-31-2010, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NeverEnuff
Bumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEERBumpsteer BUMPSTEER BuMpStEeR bumpsteer bumpSTEER
With 4" of lift, bump steer will start to be noticeable. Do you have a drop pitman arm or a histeer kit ? Either will reduce the bumpsteer.

Quick Reply: TOYO's