Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TOYO's

Old 05-29-2010, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TOYO's

Anyone have any comments about the toyo open country mt???..i can run 37's on my jk but im jsut trying to find out somemore about them..ive been told they are great..any comments or suggestions would be helpful..i have a set of bfg's ats on my tj and ive heard the mt rides like crap when u get in the taller tire's..help please.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm on my second set right now. Had 33's and now i have 35's. Probably the quietest mud terrain tire out there. Great in all conditions. The only downside is that they are a load E tire and are pretty stiff and also quite heavy. But definitely my favorite MT tire. Go for it!
Old 05-29-2010, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

Default Both good tires in my book.

I am certainly no expert but in my opinion both are very good tires and I have both of them at this time. In my opinion the BFG will give you a little smoother ride but in my opinion the Toyo is a much better looking tire on a Jeep. I am currently in the process of putting 35” Toyo Open Country M/T on my Jeep.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:11 PM
JK Freak

I have 35" Toyo MT's. They feel like an A/T tire on-road but still have good bite off. Decent in all weather conditions but really work well in hotter zones.

The main downside of the Toyo's is that they are one of the heaviest tires available. If you're gettin 37's I would make sure the axles are well gusseted and sleeved.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run 35's Toyos x2 on comments above. Very smooth on road, rips through mud and climbs rocks great too. Very tough carcass and they don't tear or show signs of wear so far. Great tire.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I loved my Toyo 35's. The only draw back I could see was the weight.

That being said, I switched to 37" Goodyear MTR's and I love them more.......
Old 05-30-2010, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

i have them in 35's and they're a great tire, just heavy as hell

if they were bigger, i would keep them, thats the only reason i have mine for sale
Old 05-30-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

i looked at toyos long and hard and couldn't get over the weight. i went with MTZ's 33's about 10 lbs lighter a tire and even then the performance (or lack there of) was noticeable. i am happy with the MTZs. other than that i know plenty of guys that have them on their full size trucks and love them to death. if i had a vehicle with more power i would rock them but not until my hemi conversion
Old 05-30-2010, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Planman..When you get those 37" tires on 15" wheels make sure to post some info on them...I am considering this same set up as I currently am running 15" wheels and the tire selection for anything over 35" is very limited..My concern is how well will they balance...The JEEP is in the shop getting a Rock Krawler 3.5 X factor long arm and coil over installed and it is time for some new and bigger shoes..
Old 05-30-2010, 11:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mtz's

Keep us updated about the mtzs, I'm thinking of going that route but with 35s. They look sharp. Good luck.

Quick Reply: TOYO's