Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Toyo Open Country RT

Old 03-08-2016, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Anyone running balancing beads? Are they a worthwhile alternative??
I tried beads a while back on a set of 35" Duratrac's. It was a big waste of money, time and effort. The beads didn't work at all. Yes, I had the correct one's and did my homework.

Find a good shop that will put some effort into balancing your tires correctly and you will be much happier. FYI, not Tires Plus.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shadydc
just ordered mine last week. $900 for 5- 35's & $1100 for 4- 37's

That is a great price for 37's. I looked everywhere and the best price I could find was $334 each. What size wheel are you getting that price on. I have 17" wheels.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyo rt

Bump.. Where did this guy find 5 for 900?!??
Old 05-21-2016, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by maxspongebob
I tried beads a while back on a set of 35" Duratrac's. It was a big waste of money, time and effort. The beads didn't work at all. Yes, I had the correct one's and did my homework.

Find a good shop that will put some effort into balancing your tires correctly and you will be much happier. FYI, not Tires Plus.

I have had the beads in my tires for 8 years now. Awesome invention. Never an issue, and I have hit some pretty high speeds. Balances the tire perfectly and have never once felt any vibes or other symptoms due to tire balancing. I currently have have 37x13.5R17's on there (Toyo M/T's).
I put the beads on because when I did/do wheel, it's all rock play. I was, and still am, worried about a weight getting knocked off when rubbing a rock. I also air down pretty low (beadlocks).

I am re-upping tires real soon, and am really contemplating these R/T's. I do more road driving than wheeling these days. Can't afford a day of playing. Well, more like I can't afford the breakage that a day of playing brings. These tires seem like they will hold up to both the road and rocks rather nicely.

Originally Posted by maxspongebob
That is a great price for 37's. I looked everywhere and the best price I could find was $334 each. What size wheel are you getting that price on. I have 17" wheels.
I have found a place currently that will be $309 per tire, shipped (including an instant $70 toyo promo, found here: Save and Buy Tires @ TiresDirect.Net Tires Direct) Working on trying to get them for $1100 right now with another company. If I succeed, I'll let you know on Monday....
Old 05-23-2016, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok mine aren't the 35's or 37's.... but these are 295/70/17's. I love them. The most quiet and smooth tires I've ever had. I had TOYO M/T, Nitto M/T and BFG At. When I go bigger I will get these again. I met a lot of people at Go topless day that were on their 2nd and 3rd set.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lift 2.JPG
Views:	368
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	647772  
Old 05-23-2016, 12:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Dozer.
I have had the beads in my tires for 8 years now. Awesome invention. Never an issue, and I have hit some pretty high speeds. Balances the tire perfectly and have never once felt any vibes or other symptoms due to tire balancing. I currently have have 37x13.5R17's on there (Toyo M/T's).
I put the beads on because when I did/do wheel, it's all rock play. I was, and still am, worried about a weight getting knocked off when rubbing a rock. I also air down pretty low (beadlocks).

I am re-upping tires real soon, and am really contemplating these R/T's. I do more road driving than wheeling these days. Can't afford a day of playing. Well, more like I can't afford the breakage that a day of playing brings. These tires seem like they will hold up to both the road and rocks rather nicely.

I have found a place currently that will be $309 per tire, shipped (including an instant $70 toyo promo, found here: Save and Buy Tires @ TiresDirect.Net Tires Direct) Working on trying to get them for $1100 right now with another company. If I succeed, I'll let you know on Monday....
Unfortunately tiresdirect.net won't ship to places that have les Schwab tires. Tread depot does and is only $50 higher on a set of four. Freaking les Schwab wants $1791 for 4.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got 5 35x12.5/17 installed out the door for $1745
Old 05-23-2016, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
Unfortunately tiresdirect.net won't ship to places that have les Schwab tires. Tread depot does and is only $50 higher on a set of four. Freaking les Schwab wants $1791 for 4.
So were you able to get the deal of the century?
Old 05-23-2016, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Dozer.
I have had the beads in my tires for 8 years now. Awesome invention. Never an issue, and I have hit some pretty high speeds. Balances the tire perfectly and have never once felt any vibes or other symptoms due to tire balancing. I currently have have 37x13.5R17's on there (Toyo M/T's). I put the beads on because when I did/do wheel, it's all rock play. I was, and still am, worried about a weight getting knocked off when rubbing a rock. I also air down pretty low (beadlocks). I am re-upping tires real soon, and am really contemplating these R/T's. I do more road driving than wheeling these days. Can't afford a day of playing. Well, more like I can't afford the breakage that a day of playing brings. These tires seem like they will hold up to both the road and rocks rather nicely. I have found a place currently that will be $309 per tire, shipped (including an instant $70 toyo promo, found here: Save and Buy Tires @ TiresDirect.Net Tires Direct) Working on trying to get them for $1100 right now with another company. If I succeed, I'll let you know on Monday....
Dozer did you get the deal you were looking for?
Old 05-23-2016, 03:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by hornetman
So were you able to get the deal of the century?
I was happy with my deal. $1232 shipped for 4 35/12.5-17. 37's would only be $4 more but I wanted 35's.

Quick Reply: Toyo Open Country RT