Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Towing Harness LoD Rear Bumper

Old 06-05-2012, 08:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Towing Harness LoD Rear Bumper

Where did you mount your trailer towing harness connector on your LOD bumper?

Thank you!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:26 AM
EVD
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been thinking about drilling next to the receiver, but just can't bring myself to cut the hole in the bumper. Right now I just attach it when towing and zip tie in place. Curious to know what you end up doing.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

I zip tied it along the route leaving the last one far enough from the end to reach the trailer which ended up being one of the off enter bolts. My harness came with a rubber dust cap for the plug, I loosened the other off center bolt and squashed the little retainer loop on the cap down, when I'm not towing it sits nice and tight under the bumper plugged into the dustcap.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used some sticky velcro on the inside top shelf of the bumper and on the pin. Stick it up when not needed. Not sure i will ever tow with that bumper. Not sure what the ratinig is???
Old 06-07-2012, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mattgt5
I used some sticky velcro on the inside top shelf of the bumper and on the pin. Stick it up when not needed. Not sure i will ever tow with that bumper. Not sure what the ratinig is???
I plan on getting the LOD and Epoxying a stong magnet to the end of the connector. It should stick where ever I put it up in the bumper.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:07 AM
JK Newbie

I have and Expedition One Bumper and had my towing plug mounted just to the left side of the hitch. I used top quality Hopkins components. Well, after crunching and ripping it off on the trail three times, I decided it was time to come up with a better solution. I was going to initially have a metal works company cut into the 3/16 inch steel bumper with a plasma cutter but I was afraid of ruining the powder coat. Also, the ExpOne bumper is **very** solid and has reinforcing that makes it difficult to find a good spot to place the tow plug soooooo...I had them design and fabricate a "skid plate" for the plug where it is presently wired. Later today, they will weld it to the bumper/frame so when I have a pic of the job, I'll post it! I think the design is quite nice and my guys guarantee it will withstand ANYthing on the trail! Also, I went with the Hopkins Endurance wiring and plug this time around and I can tell you, it is super rugged and has some nice features that cheaper plugs lack! So, photos to follow!

Quick Reply: Towing Harness LoD Rear Bumper