Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tow hooks????

Old 07-16-2007, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovis
If you have an X model without front tow hooks, but want to add them, I suggest you also buy 4 of the tow hook reinforcement plates. They are part number 52126153-AA (about $4 each). Without these, your tow hooks may rip right out if you ever try to use it for recovery purposes. Of course, if you are just looking to add them for aesthetics, this doesn't matter, but thought you may want to know about this part number if you want the tow hooks to have the proper (factory) strength when bolted to the frame in front.
Very interesting... Lots of guys on here, me included, added the tow hooks and this is the first I've heard of a reinforcing plate. Anyone have pics?
Old 07-16-2007, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Front tow hooks, I can't help you, I ordered my X with front tow hooks. Rear? You don't need a hitch receiver with D ring. I got the towing package and use just the pin with a strap through it. I've strapped out everything from a CJ, to a TJ, to a 1 ton Dodge 4WD mega cab numerous times. An access point that can handle the load and a strap is all you need.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default tow hook reinforcement plate

LakeTravisJK, hopefully I can figure out an attachment. All I have is the picture from the PureJeep bumper install, but it is the black metal plate in the top right corner of the picture (assuming the attachment worked).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JK_factory_spacers.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	2383  

Quick Reply: Tow hooks????