Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tow bar base plate install

Old 04-21-2011, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow bar base plate install

I'm having our local RV dealer install baseplates for a tow bar on the front of my jk. They are supposed to be the hidden mounts so they shouldn't be very noticeable. My question is this: Is there anything specific to installing them on a jeep that I need to watch for? I'm pretty sure they will take the air dam off, should I mod it to put it back?

I plan to meet with the tech to make sure we're on the same page before they start.

Thanks for any advice.
David
Old 04-21-2011, 08:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I depends which brand baseplate. I have the RoadMaster on mine and if I remember correctly some modification of the plastic air dam was required. I also had to bore holes for my wiring.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When they installed the Road Master brackets on ours, they cut the front dam where it was needed.
Did a very nice install.
Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Tow bar base plate install