Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

total nub, ill admit it but question about lifts on 2d and 4d

Old 03-22-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read some sticky Facts but don't remember seeing one about lifts on 2d and 4d. I guess there another sticky on that. So for simple info Teraflex 2.5" will come close to a 3" lift. That all I wanna know. Because I don't want to get the full traction lift if it going to be close to 3.5"
Old 03-22-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're stressing over a half inch cause you're 5'5"? Just pick a lift and drive your Jeep!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

It not only that, if it was just me then I wouldn't have to worry but sense I have to put my 2 1/2 year old son in the back that half inch could make it or break it and also I won't be the only one driving it. So I gotta think about my mom who will be in it to who is 5'0 flat almost.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hitman,

I have a 2dr with a soft top and I put on the TF 2.5" coil lift. I netted about 3.5" with just the lift. You also have to take into account how much you are going to gain from the new tires you are going to put on. If you go from 31" tires to 35" tires, you gain ~2" more in height (you can only measure half as the other half of the tire height is on the other side of the axel and does not effect ride height).

If you just want want to gain an few inches, maybe a true budget boost and a smaller tire upgrade (say a 32 or 33) would be the best route for you.

A lot of the height gained varies by rig so it is hard for us to tell you what your exact outcome will be.

Good luck and I hope you find what you need.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

If you are that worried about the height --> don't lift.

My opinion though - get the lift you want, and then add some steps, or rails with steps, or splurge and get power steps.

Or a just a simple wood box or milk crate with a rope on it. There are options to get you the lift you want and still get your family in and out.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Lol I was thinking about the milk box method but you know little trunk room in a jeep lol but I do plan to go with 34" tires

Quick Reply: total nub, ill admit it but question about lifts on 2d and 4d