Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

total nub, ill admit it but question about lifts on 2d and 4d

Old 03-21-2011, 09:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hitman21988
but you just said being a 2d it could net more height because it lighter... so the 3" could be almost a 3.25" or close to 3.5"...
It would be noticeable with springs. IE: You bought 4D springs instead of the 2D.
I just noticed you were looking at the BB.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:11 PM
JK Newbie

lol ya, bb for right now. so what advice would you say on life on that sense the springs for the full traction would be for the 3" lift...

like i said i dont have much exposure to jeep jk's and lifts and im kinda short 5'5 so for me the .5" lift could make a pretty big difference, especially if a 2d could net more than a 4d.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:28 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Do you actually understand what a BB is?

It is plastic spacers that fit on top of the coils. If it is 3", it gives 3" of lift. If it is 2", it gives 2" of lift. No more. No less. 2door or 4door is meaningless, a plastic puck of any particular height gives that height.

Coils, on the other hand, can vary significantly between mfg's and between models. TF coils in particular are known to be tall, but there is plenty of info on the heights you will receive from them. Their website lists all the info, assuming you can't find any of the thousands of threads on this site that talk about it. If you run a 4door coil on a 2door, guess what? You get a lot more lift. No big secret there. A 4door is a lot heavier, so it makes sense that a 2door will go higher.

lol ya, bb for right now. so what advice would you say on life on that sense the springs for the full traction would be for the 3" lift...
After browsing the whole thread, I still have no idea what your actual question is?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
do you actually understand what a bb is?

It is plastic spacers that fit on top of the coils. If it is 3", it gives 3" of lift. If it is 2", it gives 2" of lift. No more. No less. 2door or 4door is meaningless, a plastic puck of any particular height gives that height.

Coils, on the other hand, can vary significantly between mfg's and between models. Tf coils in particular are known to be tall, but there is plenty of info on the heights you will receive from them. Their website lists all the info, assuming you can't find any of the thousands of threads on this site that talk about it. If you run a 4door coil on a 2door, guess what? You get a lot more lift. No big secret there. A 4door is a lot heavier, so it makes sense that a 2door will go higher.

After browsing the whole thread, i still have no idea what your actual question is?
x2 .........
Old 03-22-2011, 04:20 AM
JK Junkie

well is it the same on the new teraflex 2.5 bb with shocks? also what about the full traction 3" bb ?
What does a shock have to do with the TF 2.5" BB ? You get a shock extension that allows you to make up the gap difference do to the spacer.....
Old 03-22-2011, 04:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Battlefrog

What does a shock have to do with the TF 2.5" BB ? You get a shock extension that allows you to make up the gap difference do to the spacer.....
The shocks that come with any BB are gonna be a larger shock with more travel to make up for the gap.... If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.....
Old 03-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Former Member

So for example lets says both the 2d and 4d owners put a 3" full traction BB lift on. would they both be at the same height, even though the 2d has shorter wheel base? because i been looking at pictures of jeeps with these kits on and tire size and dang it hard to judge how much higher it would be compared the 2d and 4d. im guessing it doesnt matter but i just want to make sure.

sorry if this is confusing.
Like others have said.

The spacer lift is the same for two or four door. Its a 2" front spacer and 1 1/2" rear spacer.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 2.5 TF coil and its probably really around 3. I would assume a BB would be more true then a coil lift, altho if you are running aftermarket bumpers, side rails ect. you would probably get more true height considering most lifts try to accommodate for such mods.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Phil's Jeep 002.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	140691  
Old 03-22-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

O my bad on the bb I thought the tf 2.5" with shocks is considered a bb($700 at northeridge 4x4) and on the full tradition 3" it's $600. Ya on the puck ya I know that. I'm talking about the coil one. Sorry if I got you guys confused :/ just right now stuck still between the tf and fl and If the ft 3" going to be a little more it may break it for me while the 2.5" tf could be just right.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:07 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Have you found the faq's yet? There is a lot of good info in there regarding lift heights and the components you should look for. If you are looking at basic kits, be sure to read the bit on Caster. And note the recommendations on driveshafts. Wouldn't hurt to get a handle on what all of the components do, and why you might want and/or need any of them.

But, concerning your coil question. They both have 2door and 4door versions of those coils. If you order the 4door version and put it on your 2door, you get more height.

The TF 2.5" 2ddor coils will give 3" on a 2door. The 2.5" 4door coils will give 3" on a 4door, and 4" on a 2door.
I haven't payed attention to the actual lift heights for FT coils, but a quick search will bring up plenty of threads to research it. Or PM them.

Quick Reply: total nub, ill admit it but question about lifts on 2d and 4d