Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Torx bolts

Old 02-29-2016, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torx bolts

09 X. Slight rust around the torx specs. What's best remedy and/or preventative?
Old 02-29-2016, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

On your doors? Hood? Guessing the doors. I'd say get some touchup paint or if you're able to afford it, take it to a body shop before the cancer spreads. My hinges are showing some rust, guessing from the rocks being kicked up on the trail.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 02-29-2016, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sgregg108
On your doors? Hood? Guessing the doors. I'd say get some touchup paint or if you're able to afford it, take it to a body shop before the cancer spreads. My hinges are showing some rust, guessing from the rocks being kicked up on the trail. Thanks, Steve
Doors and hood. Slightly more on the hood. Not bad you have to be a little obsessive to notice it but like you said it's not going to reverse on its own.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Clay bar. Most likely the rust is just metal filings from the hinges that are imbedded in the paint. I had the same issue along with the hood hold downs on my white YJ. Clay bar took it all off. I used this kit...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/California...ystem/15137646

Last edited by 14Sport; 02-29-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Clay bar. Most likely the rust is just metal particles from the hinges that are imbedded in the paint. I had the same issue along with the hood hold downs on my white YJ. Clay bar took it all off. I used this kit...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/California...ystem/15137646
^^^ this. Had rust by my a pillars where the torx bolts were. A little clay bar action to remove the rust from the paint followed by some touch up paint on the source and you'll never know if was there.

Quick Reply: Torx bolts